I is a n00b, help me.

This is a discussion on I is a n00b, help me. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I've been playing around with photoshop for the past 3 hours and all want to do is make a ...

Unhappy I is a n00b, help me.

So I've been playing around with photoshop for the past 3 hours and all want to do is make a simple 1cm (or smaller) black border. I have Version 7.0.

Someone give me some tips please.

A pic for sample. . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    i use Macromedia fireworks for that kinda stuff, so I cant tell you right off, how to do it in PS7. Sorry..

Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Hey man thanks. I've never heard of FW, I wish I was a little better with PS. I got about 12 pics i need done.

haha But that is what i wanted, thank you.

the eastiest way is to make a black box 2cm biigger than the image and place your picture above it. then flatten the image, and save as
    07 white STi in CT

Been a few decades since I have tried anything with 7.0. But I hope it has not chnaged so much that this will not work.
    Go up to the select tab and click "select all".
    Then go to the edit button and click "stroke". Then pick the color and the pixel size that you want around the picture, from the box that pops up.
    Then go to the image tab and click on "canvas size". Increase the canvas size the amount of border you want.

This seems a little cumbersome. But this is the way you do it if you want two color border. Like a black line with white outside of it. When you do your stroke, click the size you wish the inner line to be. Then make sure your background color is the color you want your outer line to be. Then decide how much outer line, (or border) you want and increase the canvas size like that. Then you will get something like this.

The red being the stroke color, and the black being the background color. Then flatten the image and you are good to go.
    Holy Helen. That is a big picture. I will try and find another one.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    From the Image menu, select "Canvas Size"
    It will show the dimensions of your image.
    for example 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high

Increase the dimensions by however much you want the border to be. (maybe 810 by 610)
    Change "canvas extension color" to whatever you want (black).
    Click OK
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Been a few decades since I have tried anything with 7.0. But I hope it has not chnaged so much that this will not work.
    Go up to the select tab and click "select all".
    Then go to the edit button and click "stroke". Then pick the color and the pixel size that you want around the picture, from the box that pops up.
    Then go to the image tab and click on "canvas size". Increase the canvas size the amount of border you want.

This seems a little cumbersome. But this is the way you do it if you want two color border. Like a black line with white outside of it. When you do your stroke, click the size you wish the inner line to be. Then make sure your background color is the color you want your outer line to be. Then decide how much outer line, (or border) you want and increase the canvas size like that. Then you will get something like this.

The red being the stroke color, and the black being the background color. Then flatten the image and you are good to go.
    Holy Helen. That is a big picture. I will try and find another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh View Post
    From the Image menu, select "Canvas Size"
    It will show the dimensions of your image.
    for example 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high

Increase the dimensions by however much you want the border to be. (maybe 810 by 610)
    Change "canvas extension color" to whatever you want (black).
    Click OK
    You guys rock!

Thanks a ton.

-J