Begginer at Photography

This is a discussion on Begginer at Photography within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was reading some posts for advice but am not sure I found the answer. I want this camera for ...

Begginer at Photography

I was reading some posts for advice but am not sure I found the answer.

I want this camera for shooting still backrounds but will once in a while use it for sporting events.

What Camera and Lenses would you recommend?

I am actually enrolling in a class at my local college to help with the 'learning' process. Thats not till July though.

I see Canon is popular. But I also see Sony, Fujy ect...
    Any advice would help. Thank you.

I did read that the Lenses are the most important part.
    By reading the post, Rebel XT with good lenses is the option.
    I am not doing this for a career or anything. Girlfriend is making me take Tango (I think) lessons so I am choosing this to do together. Relaxing and all.
    How much are the lenses? I was thinking a good one for action (moving) shots.
    Again, any advice would be nice.
    Last edited by Black XT; 04-22-2007 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what's your budget like? the xt is definately not a bad choice and you could probably find a 75-300mm for around $150 although you probably want to get the kit lens as well. i mean granted neither one of these lenses are L glass but really the most important part is the person behind the camera and if you get really into it you can always upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    what's your budget like? the xt is definately not a bad choice and you could probably find a 75-300mm for around $150 although you probably want to get the kit lens as well. i mean granted neither one of these lenses are L glass but really the most important part is the person behind the camera and if you get really into it you can always upgrade.
    $750 to begin and then after the classes I will decide what other lenses. So the 75-300mm from Canon would be good to start?

What is an L glass?

you could probably get the camera with the kit lens(18-55) and a 75-300 if you shopped around a bit. a 50mm f 1.8 is always a good option too and it'll really help you learn the basics but if you're looking to shoot sporting events you won't have the length you'll need.

L glass is canons "pro" line and cost mucho $$$. if you've ever been to a pro sports game or something see photographers carrying around big white lenses, those are L glass.

rebel xt is great for beginners and can handle most sports situations. 18-55 and 75-300 are good for learning about what focal lengths are good for what. a 50mm 1.8 is super sharp and nice for low light. you should be fine with this for a good 6 months. Shoot manual. NEVER auto. you dont learn with auto and you have no control.

Thank you