Please help me with this picture
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Please help me with this picture within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys/gals. My brother plays for Texas Tech University and they won yesterday, helping Bobby Knight set the record for ...

Please help me with this picture

Hey guys/gals. My brother plays for Texas Tech University and they won yesterday, helping Bobby Knight set the record for most wins in NCAA history! I was sitting across the court in the corner about 12 rows up and using a 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 lense, at almost full zoom. It isn't a really expensive lense and no IS with my Rebel XT. I didn't, unfortunately, get this shot taken in RAW, so I can't do much processing (don't have good software anyways). Anyways, just as Coach Knight was getting recognized, he called my brother over and held his hand in the air! It was an amazing moment, and through the commotion, I managed to snap this picture. What I am hoping, is that someone with some skill at "touching up" pictures can help me make this as good as possible. It is uploaded to photobucket here: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0/IMG_3998.jpg. If I need to e-mail it as an attachment, I will do so as well. Thank you guys for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just a real quick & dirty - crop, levels adjustment (exposure) and sharpening. The photo doesn't need much, other than a crop.

Congrats to your brother.

Peace,

Curtis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3998_1.jpg  

Thanks alot Curtis (for both the adjustement and the congrats for my brother). I was fairly pleased with how it turned out considering the emotion, long zoom, indoor lighting, and my inexperience, just wish I could have had one with a little better focus. It was a very special moment that really makes me glad that I got in to entry level photography.

looks like that guy is holding that players wrist too hard and his hand is turning red

nice pic
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

From a Tech Alumn...Contrats to your bro...and to bob knight and Texas Tech University.

Congrats!!!

If you are still interested can email me the RAW shot I can tweak it a bit. I use the same combo XT + 75-300.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post
    Congrats!!!

If you are still interested can email me the RAW shot I can tweak it a bit. I use the same combo XT + 75-300.
    Thank you so much for offering. My ONLY regret is not having that shot in RAW. I had a few shots left over on my 2 gig card and took a number of shots at the game and that was pretty early in the ceremony, so I switched to large format jpegs for a little while. If you are good at anything with a jpeg file, I would love for you to give it a go. Although, Curtis did a pretty nice job already! I should have put this in the snapshot of the day thread!

Was it just me or did Bobby Knight seem a bit liquored up that day?
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

my quick attempt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3998.jpg  

Way to go Quack! That looks good. You guys rock!

Coach Knight was going nuts on the sideline most of the game, particularly towards the end. It was a very close game, probably lead to his complexion in the picture.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.