Photoshop help needed!

This is a discussion on Photoshop help needed! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought it over the weekend (PS) and took some pics of cars. I just wanted to know how ...

Photoshop help needed!

I just bought it over the weekend (PS) and took some pics of cars. I just wanted to know how you guys blur the license plate. Sounds kinda silly but I'm a total n00b at it.

Also when using the "clone stamp tool" ( S) every time I go to shade something out, it always appears 1cm down from my selected space. It’s like I have 11ty billion layers under the top one. How do I stop this madness?

Thanks for the help,

-Subie do

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For the first one, the easy way is to simply draw a select box around the area to be blurred, go to the "Filters" pulldown menu, select "Blur", and try out a Gaussian or other filter to fuzzy it up the way you want it.

Not quite sure what it is that you're doing with the clone tool. I use "Alt" and pick out what I want to clone, then click on the area to receive it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help.

As for my second question, what I'm trying to say is when ever I use the clone tool, the very thing I erased will appear XXX amount of cm's down from where it was originally. For example: I took a picture of my car, but one of my friends are in the picture ( ) so when ever I try to "edit" him out, his legs, feet, body will show up half way down from where he is in the actual picture.....If that makes any sense.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just wanted to konw if it was something little I overlooked like the plate blur. lol.

example: a pimple

select the clone tool, go over some nice smooth skin press the alt key, the brush will then turn in to a crosshair and click once, then let go of alt. then go to the pimple and click on it and brush it. It clones the clean skin that you alt-clicked on over to the pimple that you just clicked on

You realize that as you move the mouse over the areas you want to clone, the selected area moves too. You'll see the crossair where you selected move around following the same pattern as your mouse. Atleast, thats what it sounds like you're doing as you decribe it. I didn't see this at first either....I was like 'wtf'?