Circus Photos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Circus Photos within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We took our grand daughter to the Hannerford - Shrine Circus a couple of weeks ago. A small, but very ...

Circus Photos

We took our grand daughter to the Hannerford - Shrine Circus a couple of weeks ago. A small, but very impressive troop of performers in a very intimate setting. I've only gotten around to editing these three pics so far due to working overtime lately. I'll try to get some more done soon.

I honestly don't remember the circus being like this when I was a kid.

Enjoy.

Peace,

Curtis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Wow, those pics are fantastic!

The circus has evolved into preformances of acrobats with inhuman-like abilities to contort themselves into crazy positions, ala' Cirque De Soliel. The traditional 'three ring' circuses have pretty much gone extinct. But much like this trend, I personally prefer the 'Cirque de' circuses more. And now it appears they're incorporating 'cirquesque' acts into traditional circuses. Wow, am I droning on or what?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

beautiful pictures, those girls are way too flexible..

sweet photos, great light. are you downsizing using somehing other then bicubic sharper? or is your web hosting pixilating that
    Last edited by c00lbeans; 12-07-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Todd.

There is still some noise present as I only spent ~1 minute editing these shots. A quick pass through nn2, then the basics in CS2 (my basics, not yours - haha). As for resizing, quick & dirty in breeezebrowser, which applies sharpening (unsharp mask; radius = 0.5, amount = 1, threshold = 0.) sized to 14 x 11 @ 100 dpi.

The images look good on my pbase site, but, like I said, I didn't spend much time cleaning these up. I'm working 6/12's on a shutdown at our plant and just don't have the time or energy to put into photography right now. Hopefully we'll be done in the next week or two. Once we're done I'll revisit the circus pics as I have a few more that I like. Perhaps I could send you a couple of the originals and let you work your magic on them?

Curtis

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    great photos curtis
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Thanks Andy, greatly appreciated.

whip em around like a rag doll

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb View Post
    those girls are way too flexible..
    No such thing
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX View Post
    Thanks Todd.

There is still some noise present as I only spent ~1 minute editing these shots. A quick pass through nn2, then the basics in CS2 (my basics, not yours - haha). As for resizing, quick & dirty in breeezebrowser, which applies sharpening (unsharp mask; radius = 0.5, amount = 1, threshold = 0.) sized to 14 x 11 @ 100 dpi.

The images look good on my pbase site, but, like I said, I didn't spend much time cleaning these up. I'm working 6/12's on a shutdown at our plant and just don't have the time or energy to put into photography right now. Hopefully we'll be done in the next week or two. Once we're done I'll revisit the circus pics as I have a few more that I like. Perhaps I could send you a couple of the originals and let you work your magic on them?

Curtis
    the photoshoping looks fine the resize just looks like it crunched the pixels together randomly. the tip of one of her fingers is missing in the first

Were you up close to get these shots? looks like you were sanctioned by the circus to take the pics for them.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    the photoshoping looks fine the resize just looks like it crunched the pixels together randomly. the tip of one of her fingers is missing in the first

Nah, all of their fingers are present and accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by beastcivic View Post
    Were you up close to get these shots? looks like you were sanctioned by the circus to take the pics for them.
    About 30 - 50 feet away, max. It was a small arena with bleacher seating on both sides of the 3 stages in the center. I was able to move around at will, but stayed out of the way, sitting on the floor in front of the bleahers. It was a very low key, informal setting; a local Shriner event. The circus troupe was Hannerford. A very impressize show.

Peace,

Curtis

Nah, all of their fingers are present and accounted for.
    first pic, bottem girl middle finger of the hand on the right, half of the tip is gone

About 30 - 50 feet away, max. It was a small arena with bleacher seating on both sides of the 3 stages in the center. I was able to move around at will, but stayed out of the way, sitting on the floor in front of the bleahers. It was a very low key, informal setting; a local Shriner event. The circus troupe was Hannerford. A very impressize show.

Peace,

Curtis

That makes more sense, it did seem like it was you and the performers based on your shots.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    first pic, bottem girl middle finger of the hand on the right, half of the tip is gone
    Todd,

Unedited, cropped - all fingers are there.

Here's the edited version, cropped:

Same deal. However, in the full image (first post) I believe it's the reflection on that particualr finger nail (midle finger) that makes it look like the tip of her finger is missing. But, as you can clearly see in the tight crops, it's all there.

Peace,

Curtis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast