My pictures from Europe........ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My pictures from Europe........ within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You've rekindled my interest in going to the British Isles. I'll have to start laying the groundwork for that with ...

I Support ClubWRX
    You've rekindled my interest in going to the British Isles. I'll have to start laying the groundwork for that with teh wifey.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how are you guys racking up all these FF miles?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

wow very nice pics...
    i need a vacation
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    how are you guys racking up all these FF miles?
    I used to travel for business quite a bit. Go back and forth to Europe 5-6 times on business trips and it really adds up! The company is cool about letting us keep the miles. Unfortunately/Fortunately, I don't travel as much these days.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Great pics! I've also been to a couple of those places in Amsterdam.

You suck because you got to go in first class. I didn't have enough FF miles to upgrade both myself and the wife, so we were stuck back with the cattle in coach when we went to Italy.
    Nice pictures, Mike! First class, that must've been sweet!!!

hahaha, Cattle in Coach...that's a good one. My family and I call it "Ambien Class." I self-medicated on the way to Japan and it was awesome! awake for 4 hours of a 14 hour flight.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Very nice pictures. Looks like you had fun!
    -Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    Nice pictures, Mike! First class, that must've been sweet!!!

hahaha, Cattle in Coach...that's a good one. My family and I call it "Ambien Class." I self-medicated on the way to Japan and it was awesome! awake for 4 hours of a 14 hour flight.
    On the way there.....the flight attendant didn't like me from the second she saw me.

I was in the Admiral's Club doing a little boozing before hand... had 5 captain / sprites. Get on the plane and get my free champagne. The seats in the new 777's swivel...if that makes sense. You can face completely forward, or angle maybe 45* to fully recline into a bed, or you can swivel 90* to face the person next to you but more importantly do work on the desk. So, I am playing with my chair and it gets stuck at 90* facing the person next to me (my buddy Bob). The flight attendant sees this and I ask her for help... She comes over and says "Are you going to be my problem child today?"

LOL

What? Okay, it's not like "I" broke the seat...it is stuck. So they have to call maintenance......While in the bathroom the repair people are fixing the chair. How you ask? Just like we fix things when they break...HIT IT! They force it back to forward. I come back... "Oh sweet, my chair is fixed...!"

I swivel 90* again and it gets stuck again...... HAHAHA.. The flight attendant is pissed. She tells the captain "They did it again." They have to call the repair people again…

Long story short, I end up knowing the ways of the seat and have it 45* angle max the rest of the flight...Didn't want to start anymore trouble. The repair people said it wasn't my fault and agreed the flight attendant was a *****!

The meal service was EXCELLENT. They made most of the food in flight, even baked fresh cookies for us. We had 2-3 flight attendants per row. And a 777 is a huge plane... the seats we 1 2 1 in a row...and only ~7 or 8 deep. If my Crown / Coke ran out, they were there in a split second with a new one!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice pics. What kind of camera were they taken with?

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Great pics !!! Wish I could go...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Nice pics. What kind of camera were they taken with?
    Thanks.

Just a point and shoot...... canon power shot sd400.

-Mike

Absolutly beautiful. Europe > USA
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    Absolutly beautiful. Europe > USA
    I agree to a certain extent... you don't realize how good you have it until you come back to the USA.

I loved London, but the exchange rate at 2:1 and pretty much everything was so expensive that you would go broke. Granted if you lived there it is relative because you would get paid fairly in British Pounds. But, just going out to eat was a little spendy when you double your bill.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    I agree to a certain extent... you don't realize how good you have it until you come back to the USA.
    Honestly, I'd much rather live in the U.S. I like my American conveniences. No A/C in a hotel during a hot summer, shops that close at 5PM, and weren't open at all on Sundays, etc.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Honestly, I'd much rather live in the U.S. I like my American conveniences. No A/C in a hotel during a hot summer, shops that close at 5PM, and weren't open at all on Sundays, etc.
    Oh me too... That's what I was saying, but I don't think it came out like that.

You don't realize how good you have it "here" in the US, until you go somewhere else. Home never felt so good!

Although, compared to the rest of Europe, London felt like home too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    Oh me too... That's what I was saying, but I don't think it came out like that.
    No, I understood. I was actually just agreeing with you...
    Maybe I should stick with "+1".
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.