C6 and C6 z06 (no 56k)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on C6 and C6 z06 (no 56k) within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My car is the yellow one....my buddy Dave owns the blue Z. Photos were taken by my buddy Dave S ...

C6 and C6 z06 (no 56k)

My car is the yellow one....my buddy Dave owns the blue Z.

Photos were taken by my buddy Dave S @ dspmedia.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Meh.

Banned
    Just kidding. Awesome pix!

Seckaslicious!

Awesome pictures and cars!
    -Bruce

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Beautiful cars and beautiful pics!
    The location is perfect for those last four.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Excellent pics! The cars look great.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Nice pictures. Sweet cars.

nice cars - any mods? Showroom floor performance is boring. Change stuff - make it yours.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

nice pics!

i was driving my friends GTI last night..and we were driving along side a blue c6 Z06..its my favorite supercar..so i kept tryin to bug him so he'd take off..but he never did..its sad to see owners who wont even have fun in a car like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    nice cars - any mods? Showroom floor performance is boring. Change stuff - make it yours.
    LOL

Thanks for the tip, I knew I was doing something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmith View Post
    nice pics!

i was driving my friends GTI last night..and we were driving along side a blue c6 Z06..its my favorite supercar..so i kept tryin to bug him so he'd take off..but he never did..its sad to see owners who wont even have fun in a car like that.
    I'm going to sound like a grouch saying this... but I did not buy my car as a novelty to other drivers on the road. I bought my car for me to enjoy at my own pace. Believe me, I flog the **** out of my car... But I really... really... REALLY hate when everybody constantly wants me to do a burn out, powerslide the car, or "take off" and double the speed limit. Every owner I've spoken with about this feels the same way... Just because some clown wants them to flog their car and they don't doesn't mean they never have fun in their car. Like I said, I bought the car for me to have fun, not for other people to have fun with it. And notice how you said you kept trying to bug him. That's exactly what it is.

But on another note, glad you enjoy my C6Z! I love this thing to death... Redline comes up real fast!
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/doveman/steck7.jpg
    2006 Corvette Z06, 2LZ w/ Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    LOL

Thanks for the tip, I knew I was doing something wrong...
    Nothing wrong - just boring. This is a mod happy community. Posting anything stock is a bit off. Granted, they are nice sports cars - but they're no differint than the car sitting on the dealers lot, or being reviewed in the magazine.

Personalization and customization are what take a vehicle and suit it to the owners own tastes. But if you like yours stock, I can appreciate that too. I have a coworker with a near identical blue z-06, and he loves the hell out of it. I keep pushing him towards a twin turbo kit, and he keeps saying it's fine just the way it is.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

A twin turbo kit is a good way to turn the engine into a ticking bomb. The pistons are hypereutectic, and despite what people are claiming, they're not going to last under boost. Hence why I am going to drop in a G7X5 cam with a new valve train, and be happy with 600whp. Eventually, forged 9:1 pistons and a P1SC will find their way in there too.
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/doveman/steck7.jpg
    2006 Corvette Z06, 2LZ w/ Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Nothing wrong - just boring. This is a mod happy community. Posting anything stock is a bit off. Granted, they are nice sports cars - but they're no differint than the car sitting on the dealers lot, or being reviewed in the magazine.

Personalization and customization are what take a vehicle and suit it to the owners own tastes. But if you like yours stock, I can appreciate that too. I have a coworker with a near identical blue z-06, and he loves the hell out of it. I keep pushing him towards a twin turbo kit, and he keeps saying it's fine just the way it is.
    I posted in the Photography and Photoshop forum did I not?

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    A twin turbo kit is a good way to turn the engine into a ticking bomb. The pistons are hypereutectic, and despite what people are claiming, they're not going to last under boost. Hence why I am going to drop in a G7X5 cam with a new valve train, and be happy with 600whp. Eventually, forged 9:1 pistons and a P1SC will find their way in there too.
    If you can spend the money on the car, and you can spend the money on the turbokit, I would think it makes sense to spend money on internals.

Speaking from experience, the first car I turbocharged had stock internals, they chose to exit the block after about 6 weeks via 3 holes.

Still - to be reasonable, exhaust, headers, port and polish of the intake manifold, perhaps a more aggressive cam and some tuning - you could give the car a nice bump and still feel like you were on the safe side of things.

Lingenfelter has a nice package for 45k.... 3 year/36k mi warranty too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast