C6 and C6 z06 (no 56k) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on C6 and C6 z06 (no 56k) within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There's a reason the Lingenfelter package is ,000... It's because it's rediculously expensive to get inside the engine. It's labor ...

There's a reason the Lingenfelter package is $45,000... It's because it's rediculously expensive to get inside the engine. It's labor intensive to take a C6Z apart... And despite what you think, not everyone that wants to mod it has the bank to drop tons and tons of cash into the car like that. It's not a Subaru... Pulling the motor takes a little more than the 2 hours (if that) a WRX takes.

Maybe you're willing to pay the cost of pistons and installation for your coworker's Z06.
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/doveman/steck7.jpg
    2006 Corvette Z06, 2LZ w/ Navigation

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    You guys need to take some chill pills.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Seriously, let's enjoy the excellent pics and take it easy, guys. This is most definitely not the place to come down on a guy because perhaps he wants to keep his warranty intact on his pretty expensive car.

I like the color coordination in the pics, nicely done!
    And that Z06 is absolutely gorgeous.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Seriously, let's enjoy the excellent pics and take it easy, guys. This is most definitely not the place to come down on a guy because perhaps he wants to keep his warranty intact on his pretty expensive car.

I like the color coordination in the pics, nicely done!
    And that Z06 is absolutely gorgeous.
    Thanks...

I know, this is a photography portion of the website. I don't think Micah realizes that I had a WRX, an M3, and an STi before this Corvette...all of which were modified. Give me some time! lol

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    Thanks...

I know, this is a photography portion of the website. I don't think Micah realizes that I had a WRX, an M3, and an STi before this Corvette...all of which were modified. Give me some time! lol

-Mike
    HAHAH

The modder lives! Nothing wrong with taking time before jumping in. I don't recall saying anything bad about the pics - they are quite nice - I especially like the shot in the woods, the lighting is incredible - darker around the edges, touched? or a lens?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I'm going to sound like a grouch saying this... but I did not buy my car as a novelty to other drivers on the road. I bought my car for me to enjoy at my own pace. Believe me, I flog the **** out of my car... But I really... really... REALLY hate when everybody constantly wants me to do a burn out, powerslide the car, or "take off" and double the speed limit. Every owner I've spoken with about this feels the same way... Just because some clown wants them to flog their car and they don't doesn't mean they never have fun in their car. Like I said, I bought the car for me to have fun, not for other people to have fun with it. And notice how you said you kept trying to bug him. That's exactly what it is.

But on another note, glad you enjoy my C6Z! I love this thing to death... Redline comes up real fast!
    i understand this..

im just talking about this particular guy...

we gave him a thumbs up..and he turned away and didnt even smile. and im sorry for being a "clown" and disrespecting your corvette ways.

whenever i used to be in my dad's Z..we would at least acknowledge the people that are praising the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmith View Post
    we gave him a thumbs up..and he turned away and didnt even smile. and im sorry for being a "clown" and disrespecting your corvette ways.
    Seriously guy, let's drop this. Any more rolling eyes and non-photo criticism, and I'll be forced to lock the thread.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Seriously guy, let's drop this. Any more rolling eyes and non-photo criticism, and I'll be forced to lock the thread.
    On that note..

I think the photos are just OK now that I look at them. I suppose before I was just basing how good they were just because I thought the cars were cool.

They need more creativity. Lacking alot.

I Support ClubWRX
    On that note..

I think the photos are just OK now that I look at them. I suppose before I was just basing how good they were just because I thought the cars were cool.

They need more creativity. Lacking alot.
    Wow, you're just determined to pick a fight. If this is your aim, it won't be tolerated.
    Care to give some specific, useful recommendations, other than "they're just OK" and "need more creativity"?

I thought that the reflected sky in the windows in the first pic nicely enhanced the color of the Z06, as well as the rooftop on the second pic with the C6. I also like the chosen angle of the shot of the Z06 in the road. It nicely brings out the curves of the car.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

i understand this..

im just talking about this particular guy...

whenever i used to be in my dad's Z..we would at least acknowledge the people that are praising the car.
    Then that guy is a jerk. I ALWAYS smile and wave if somebody acknowledges my car, because I love the attention (who wouldn't?). There's also the Corvette wave, and I ALWAYS wave at other Corvettes on the road. However, I do run into the bad apples that completely see me wave and don't wave back. Most of the time they are older guys that are probably pissed that a 22 year old is piloting a new Z06. Oh well, can't win them all. I just refuse to give in to the "do a burn out" crap that people want to see. It gets old real fast.
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/doveman/steck7.jpg
    2006 Corvette Z06, 2LZ w/ Navigation

hot cars, I want to make dirty with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    hot cars, I want to make dirty with them.
    Thanks, you still have that EVO with the cool blue color?

Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    Thanks, you still have that EVO with the cool blue color?
    Yeah, it's put away for the winter. I was going to destroke a 4g64 over winter but the new crib ****ed that all up.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Then that guy is a jerk. I ALWAYS smile and wave if somebody acknowledges my car, because I love the attention (who wouldn't?). There's also the Corvette wave, and I ALWAYS wave at other Corvettes on the road. However, I do run into the bad apples that completely see me wave and don't wave back. Most of the time they are older guys that are probably pissed that a 22 year old is piloting a new Z06. Oh well, can't win them all. I just refuse to give in to the "do a burn out" crap that people want to see. It gets old real fast.
    Well i respect that..maybe i caught him on a bad day. 22? Wow.. I can only dream..

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Yeah, it's put away for the winter. I was going to destroke a 4g64 over winter but the new crib ****ed that all up.
    I see.....yes house bills > me as well. I have a $6k real estate tax bill due by 12/31. Want to throw me a few on it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast