N00bish question about Nikon D70s and Older Nikkor Lenses

This is a discussion on N00bish question about Nikon D70s and Older Nikkor Lenses within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, I've been using my D70s for a while with the kit lens, but I'd like to try out some ...

I Support ClubWRX

N00bish question about Nikon D70s and Older Nikkor Lenses

Okay, I've been using my D70s for a while with the kit lens, but I'd like to try out some other fixed focal length lenses. A buddy has some very old Nikkor non-CPU lenses that he's going to loan me. I'm led to believe from research that they'll mount up okay; I know that I'll have to run in manual mode, do my own metering (guessing), and set the aperture manually on the lens.

Anything else I should know about trying to use this old Nikkor glass with my camera?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

depending on the lens if you set it to the smallest aperture, prob f22 there's a red switch to lock it there and it will let your camera body change the aperture and the meter will still work. If the lens wont let you do this, then yes your stuck using the aperture ring and guessing your exposure, which isnt hard if you know BDE(basic daylight exposure).

http://www.glamour1.com/tips/bdeguide.php
    Last edited by c00lbeans; 11-09-2006 at 02:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I got home and experimented a little. Looks like it will work fine; I just have to do a little guess work with the shutterspeed to get in the ballpark.

Thanks for the feedback.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon