Snapshot of the day - Page 95
Page 95 of 571 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 8556

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by eld4au6...

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6 View Post
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    nice pics and nice upgrade from the powershot, i'd leave it off program though
    yeah, im very happy with the xti. I really like my powershot too, takes great pictures, and its small
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    haha, she was looking funny in all the pics I took of her

-05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

I Support ClubWRX
    From a party this weekend:

My friend and his dog.

Cosmo himself.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post

Stone Henge... in WA
    So I final caved and decided to break out the nerd. The Columbia Gorge is basically the geologic record of the largest floods ever to have occured (by orders of magnitude). A valley up in Northeastern WA was repeatedly damned by glaciers during periodic warming/cooling periods. The ice would give way all at once and the flows created the channeled scablands across vast expanses in Eastern WA and cleared the Gorge. The river looks huge right? But see the horizontal strata on the far shore - each of those are where the waters peaked on separate occasions. That river is not enough to explain the only sea level passage through the Cascades within hundreds of miles. Huge chunks of ice floated down carrying boulders from said valley in WA (Mazuma or Mazama or something) and they are deposited ~500' up on the sides of the Willamette Valley in OR. Those of you that live out there can maybe picture how much water it took to do that. Also, the blocks are tipped down to the south so that all the waterfalls occur on the southern side of the gorge. Basically the creeks just run off the northern side, but they have to back cut on the southern. Columnar basalt is freakin' awesome as well. No one can properly explain why random polygons form, wheather it is large heaving chunks of tundra or cooling basalt. The gorge is a natural wonder you should see in your life.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Morning on the Florida coast, last week:
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    I miss having the ocean around

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    So I final caved and decided to break out the nerd. The Columbia Gorge is basically the geologic record of the largest floods ever to have occured (by orders of magnitude). A valley up in Northeastern WA was repeatedly damned by glaciers during periodic warming/cooling periods. The ice would give way all at once and the flows created the channeled scablands across vast expanses in Eastern WA and cleared the Gorge. The river looks huge right? But see the horizontal strata on the far shore - each of those are where the waters peaked on separate occasions. That river is not enough to explain the only sea level passage through the Cascades within hundreds of miles. Huge chunks of ice floated down carrying boulders from said valley in WA (Mazuma or Mazama or something) and they are deposited ~500' up on the sides of the Willamette Valley in OR. Those of you that live out there can maybe picture how much water it took to do that. Also, the blocks are tipped down to the south so that all the waterfalls occur on the southern side of the gorge. Basically the creeks just run off the northern side, but they have to back cut on the southern. Columnar basalt is freakin' awesome as well. No one can properly explain why random polygons form, wheather it is large heaving chunks of tundra or cooling basalt. The gorge is a natural wonder you should see in your life.

Dude...nerd or not...your explanations and wealth of knowledge in general are overwhelming...and awesome

I bet you kick ass at Trivial Pursuit...or Cranium
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Thanks for the Info. I think if you come to oregon.. you must travel down the Gorge!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Dude...nerd or not...your explanations and wealth of knowledge in general are overwhelming...and awesome

I bet you kick ass at Trivial Pursuit...or Cranium
    Thanks a bunch! - but I totally get owned in trivial pursuit. I took a bunch of geography courses at PSU and we visited the gorge often with Larry Price, who is really an amazing wealth of knowledge.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

it's got a 14.5in(360) rear tire in case you were wondering

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    it's got a 14.5in(360) rear tire in case you were wondering
    that is begging for the dragon! (kidding, that back tire would be terrible there - that and a busa is meant for nice long straights, not super tight transition turns)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

oh that thing is a parking lot queen. i drove it around the block just because i was kind of curious to see what a busa with a 360 on the back was like and quite frankly it was pretty terrible. it struggles around any turn and you get a bunch of tank slap at like 20mph even with a gpr stabilizer. it looks badass but it's a form over function bike.