Snapshot of the day - Page 558

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Scooby3 Hey everyone, my name is Kristin and I am scooby3's girlfriend. I am new to photography ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby3 View Post
    Hey everyone, my name is Kristin and I am scooby3's girlfriend. I am new to photography and editing and scooby recommended I jump on here for tips and advice. I purchased a Nikon D7000 and am using ViewNX2 (the editing program that came with the camera). I am trying to post a picture I recently edited and I keep on coming up with errors that the file is too large. Can anyone help out or give any suggestions? Thanks all
    Sign up on imgur.com (free) and upload the photo there and then you can post links here. They show up like regular photos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks, I think this should work!
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby3 View Post
    Hey everyone, my name is Kristin and I am scooby3's girlfriend. I am new to photography and editing and scooby recommended I jump on here for tips and advice. I purchased a Nikon D7000 and am using ViewNX2 (the editing program that came with the camera). I am trying to post a picture I recently edited and I keep on coming up with errors that the file is too large. Can anyone help out or give any suggestions? Thanks all
    Should've got a Canon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That wine photo should have a warning. Tack sharp!
    Last edited by MountainView; 07-24-2013 at 06:13 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Created for WC Lathe Werks Knob thread

My first real attempt at HDR. Never used a tripod in bight conditions, but worked great for this image.

1920 x 1080 version: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...5.jpg~original

Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    The 3 highlighted files are what made up the image above. Any suggestions for a better HDR image?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SettingsHDR.jpg  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-02-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

[QUOTE=MountainView;3030755]

funny, I just took a pic just like this last night lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375558170.887153.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	115421

Just took this one the other night. Finally got myself one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The 3 highlighted files are what made up the image above. Any suggestions for a better HDR image?
    Your image above looks pretty good, but it's lacking a little contrast. I'd lower the blacks a bit. HDR is a technique used to capture the whole dynamic range of a scene when a single exposure can't do it. Since its rise in popularity, it's commonly associated with images that resemble sensor vomit - unrealistic tones and colors. The trap that many people fall into is throwing a bunch of exposures into a program and being happy with something that resembles a painting more than a photograph. The key to a good HDR image is creating one that doesn't look like HDR.

Your image does look pretty good, but remember that capturing the whole dynamic range of a scene may not be the most artistic option. In this scene, I'd be surprised if you couldn't have achieved the same result (or better) using a single exposure and playing with the highlights and shadows a bit. HDR also sucks the vibrancy from colors and turns whites to grey. What program are you using? As well as HDR, Photomatix also allows you to create an "exposure fusion", which gives a more realistic end result than HDR. But, it still suffers from poor color separation and general greying of everything. I find it helps to layer a single exposure over the HDR/exposure blend in Photoshop and adjust opacity to create something more realistic. Don't know if your editing software allows for layers (although, you could always save your single exposure as a jpeg and import that to CS4, along with the HDR image).

HDR/exposure blending is a novelty at first and a good trick to have in your bag, but eventually will probably become something you use only when there's no other way.

Glad I stumbled upon a photography thread for my second post. Before my feet could reach the pedals I was taking photos

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Your image above looks pretty good, but it's lacking a little contrast. I'd lower the blacks a bit. HDR is a technique used to capture the whole dynamic range of a scene when a single exposure can't do it. Since its rise in popularity, it's commonly associated with images that resemble sensor vomit - unrealistic tones and colors. The trap that many people fall into is throwing a bunch of exposures into a program and being happy with something that resembles a painting more than a photograph. The key to a good HDR image is creating one that doesn't look like HDR.

Your image does look pretty good, but remember that capturing the whole dynamic range of a scene may not be the most artistic option. In this scene, I'd be surprised if you couldn't have achieved the same result (or better) using a single exposure and playing with the highlights and shadows a bit. HDR also sucks the vibrancy from colors and turns whites to grey. What program are you using? As well as HDR, Photomatix also allows you to create an "exposure fusion", which gives a more realistic end result than HDR. But, it still suffers from poor color separation and general greying of everything. I find it helps to layer a single exposure over the HDR/exposure blend in Photoshop and adjust opacity to create something more realistic. Don't know if your editing software allows for layers (although, you could always save your single exposure as a jpeg and import that to CS4, along with the HDR image).

HDR/exposure blending is a novelty at first and a good trick to have in your bag, but eventually will probably become something you use only when there's no other way.
    Learned a couple of things there, thanks
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Learned a couple of things there, thanks
    You're very welcome. But, I just read through what I wrote and it sounded a bit preachy. Sorry about that. Here's a graph that makes a lot of sense:

I Support ClubWRX
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX

Was an experiment with an image with super bright and dark. A high f-stop made for a crisp focus everywhere. Got a new head for my old Bogen 3001 video tripod and had to give it a try. I've much to learn.

I used Canon's Digital Photo Professional to combine the 3 images into the HDR TIF using the Art Standard setting. Compared to the 5 presets, this was a mild effect color / intensity-wise ... not that there is too much color to start with. I got what I thought I was after.

I'm familiar with highlights and shadows in CS4 PS x64 (CDPP has this as well), but never got that detail or lack of noise in the dark regions like this result. I'll continue to poke around as I have a whole new set of tools to work with.

Thanks for the input.

You're very welcome. But, I just read through what I wrote and it sounded a bit preachy. Sorry about that. Here's a graph that makes a lot of sense:
    I did not take it as preachy ... I've much to learn.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-04-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Don't remember if I ever posted this here from the 4th..

That's what happens when things don't go quite right, lol.