Snapshot of the day - Page 475

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by msgsti217 Just checking in with a couple recent shots Changing my pads and rotors holy *!*!*!* a ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by msgsti217 View Post
    Just checking in with a couple recent shots

Changing my pads and rotors

holy *!*!*!* a clean car ....never
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This is absolutely correct.

Panning shots are stationary, and "slower" is relative...like I said, it all depends on how fast the car is going. If the car's only going like 20 mph and you use a shutter speed of 1/100, no doubt the wheels will have little motion to them. Then again, trying to do a panning shot at 1/20 sec is extremely difficult.

As for car-to-car rolling shots, the blurred background is going to depend more on the speed of the car than messing with the aperture. If the car is next to a wall or barrier, the closeness will make that blurred, but stuff far away will look rather still. Here's an example of this...notice the wall is very blurred, but the clouds and landscape are not:

If you guys haven't seen it, check out my automotive photography tutorial on NASIOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1263892

Or, I can just repost it here in this forum if you like...whatever works.
    Been reading through this thread on Nasioc, very informative. I've always been impressed with your photography. Nice work!
    My girl(also Filipino) and I have a D40x. I've been intimidated by that camera for a long time, but your advice makes me want to give it a go.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin View Post
    Been reading through this thread on Nasioc, very informative. I've always been impressed with your photography. Nice work!
    My girl(also Filipino) and I have a D40x. I've been intimidated by that camera for a long time, but your advice makes me want to give it a go.
    As i'm sure Verdugo can back me up....it's all about hands on time with experimenting. You won't be able to pick up camera's like these (w/o previous experience) and be able to shoot perfect shots. you have to learn the camera by reading and using what you've learned. I've had a D60 for about a year now and i'm still finding new stuff on it lol always fun and never ending solutions to new pic settings. Shoot, shoot, shoot!!

first time using my camera in a while

bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

My Suby in Grand Rapids, MI.

IDK how to upload pic like everyone else ='/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUBY CITY.jpg   SUBY CITY 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Suby driver View Post
    My Suby in Grand Rapids, MI.

IDK how to upload pic like everyone else ='/
    I LIKE THE YELLOW ACCENT ON THE SECONE ONE

AND THE ONLY WAY I FOUND TO LOAD THE PICTURES ON HERE ALREADY SHOWING, IS TO HOST THE IMAGE SOMEWHERE ONLINE(FLICKR, FACEBOOK, ETC) AND THEN POST THE IMAGE LOCATION(URL) INTO THE INSERT IMAGE DIALOG(THE BUTTON WITH THE LITTLE PICTURE UNDER THE UNDO BUTTON).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST! View Post
    I LIKE THE YELLOW ACCENT ON THE SECONE ONE

AND THE ONLY WAY I FOUND TO LOAD THE PICTURES ON HERE ALREADY SHOWING, IS TO HOST THE IMAGE SOMEWHERE ONLINE(FLICKR, FACEBOOK, ETC) AND THEN POST THE IMAGE LOCATION(URL) INTO THE INSERT IMAGE DIALOG(THE BUTTON WITH THE LITTLE PICTURE UNDER THE UNDO BUTTON).
    /CAPSLOCK

imageshack.us is another decent one for hosting.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Dropbox is a nice option that allows you to keep the original quality/size of the image. A 2GB account is free; they provide you with a "public" folder. You stick a file in there, right click for the URL, and post it up.

I don't use it much, since I have server space, but it's a great service.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    /CAPSLOCK

imageshack.us is another decent one for hosting.
    haha my bad!! i have to use CAPS at work, and i forget it's on half the time

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    heres a cool panning shot i took

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

very nice!! except that frozen rear tire is trippin me out

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin View Post
    Thanks! And yes, by all means give it a go...you shouldn't be intimidated so long as you have a good enough of a guide to help you get started

Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST! View Post
    As i'm sure Verdugo can back me up....it's all about hands on time with experimenting. You won't be able to pick up camera's like these (w/o previous experience) and be able to shoot perfect shots. you have to learn the camera by reading and using what you've learned. I've had a D60 for about a year now and i'm still finding new stuff on it lol always fun and never ending solutions to new pic settings. Shoot, shoot, shoot!!
    Before I got my original D70, all I had were point-and-shoots, and I had no idea about composition, exposure, etc. I was then kinda thrust into getting a DSLR as part of Subiesport so I had to learn quickly. Everything I learned I either taught myself by just experimenting, reading tutorials online, and having a good in-person mentor (Josh Mackey http://www.mackeydesigns.com). The rest is history.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    heres another pic i took from the same race series which i really like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ©AC_0559.jpg  
    "All We'll Drive"

very nice again!

i'm definitely thinkin i'm gonna take my car out for a shoot this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well, if it still has some kind of turbo Subaru EJ25 motor in it, I don't believe aftermarket support will be too much of a problem. If it doesn't though...
    Seriously...unless TRD/Toyota tuners can put something together. That would be costly though
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying