Snapshot of the day - Page 430

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 ^^^Wow its creepy how much they look similar based on that picture... I know, right? I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^Wow its creepy how much they look similar based on that picture...
    I know, right? I was traveling in Tennessee, and did a major doubletake when I saw that magazine cover in an airport store.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I just wanted to congratulate Heather on making the cover of Spin Magazine in her other guise.

Thankfully that's the best pic of Courtney Love I've ever seen, so I'm not totally insulted! But in all honesty, I DO see the resemblance! Weeeird! Though hopefully one day I will myself grace the cover of a magazine (though not likely Spin magazine).
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Shot these last night while cooking dinner

weather doesn't stop me from grillin

funny how my garage still smells like steaks though lol

I apologize for the slight blurriness.. my cam doesn't shoot good night pics unless you can be perfectly still.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Well, that explains a whole hell of a lot!
    To elaborate, she has struck me as a WAPCE and has always had an unreasonable dislike of Nirvana.

the little bit of warmth we got today brought about an itch...

mmmm supermoto
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    for mycologist

Nice Phalaenopsis. I must admit I have the same one right here by the computer
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    I was bored.
    Preeeety.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    Preeeety.
    Thank ya
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    That's Jersey??? Did you take this shot level with the sidewalk? I'm guessing it's the angle making it look like 6-7 ft. of snow. We got a lot but that looks insane.
    yeah thats good ole' jersey. and it is level with the sidewalk(the camera)

the snow was pretty high though i mean im 6'3 and the walls came up a little past my knees
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Has anyone ever fixed a leaky basement (without spending $10,000 on a French drain)? I've tried downspout extenders. I think I'm going to extend them another 8-16 feet. I have a couple other ideas. I figure I have about a year of troubleshooting in me before I spend that much money on a French drain. That's my last resort, obviously.

All this snow just melted and came in the back corner of my basement. It's such a headache...

2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

why pay someone to dig you a french drain? if your limbs work.. and you can get stone, piping and digging tools.. you can do that yourself. Its not a tough design, just going to take some muscle. There are also paint on type sealants that you can apply to the basement walls and floor that keep the water out. The block is porous.. so even though you're draining off most of the water if the ground gets saturated enough it will still get through the block and floor. My parents had this problem for years until they sealed the basement wall and floor surfaces even with drains and gutters in place on the outside of the house. Its nutty to watch the water wick back up through a supposedly solid concrete floor.
    Last edited by mangostick; 03-04-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    why pay someone to dig you a french drain? if your limbs work.. and you can get stone, piping and digging tools.. you can do that yourself. Its not a tough design, just going to take some muscle. There are also paint on type sealants that you can apply to the basement walls and floor that keep the water out. The block is porous.. so even though you're draining off most of the water if the ground gets saturated enough it will still get through the block and floor. My parents had this problem for years until they sealed the basement wall and floor surfaces even with drains and gutters in place on the outside of the house. Its nutty to watch the water wick back up through a supposedly solid concrete floor.
    My family owns a steel construction company. I can get a jackhammer and pretty much anything I need. However, I think when it comes to jackhammering the perimeter/footing/foundation of your house...you should leave it to the professionals. I mean, I'm pretty handy but I'm only 27...and frankly, I just don't have the balls to do something of this magnitude. Most contractors will subcontract this out to a basement waterproofing professionals as well...which tells me that if contractors aren't even doing this themselves than I probably shouldn't either.

I found some cheap DIY solution on Basement Waterproofing Products & Information | DIY and Professional Contractor Waterproofing Supplies that I may attempt first. Pretty ghetto but if it works that's all the matters.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

mess with the foundation? .. yikes.. nah shouldn't have to do that to build a french drain system. How far out is your overhang? The building I work in is new and recently they dug a french drain to relieve some pooling water near and around the foundation. Its about 18" out from the base of the structure. Just far enough to cover the area where roof runnof lands.

I'm not much older than you are (31) .. just remember spending lots of summers with friends Dad's that were (some still are) building contractors doing basic labor.. man I dug alot of holes and moved a crapload of stone.
    I dont ever remember messing with the actual foundation or slab (depending on what type of structure) .. I do remember digging lots of trenches, checking for pitch, laying stone/pipe/more stone till level and that was about it. We just made em functional, the landscapers would make them pretty. Quick google search I found this

How To Create a French Drain System

Thats how I remember doing it, just on a larger scale for some sites.

were you thinking of putting the drain in the basement? like floor level? That I can see definitely taking much more intimate knowledge/skill and alot more work. I'd leave that to a pro too.. no question about it. Simple ground level french drain though.. easy do
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by humblemist View Post
    Once this thing hits 88 your gonna see some serious sh!%
    soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320