Snapshot of the day - Page 391

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw that and 1st think to come to mind was a Russian fighter. What are you doing with it?...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I saw that and 1st think to come to mind was a Russian fighter.

What are you doing with it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I saw that and 1st think to come to mind was a Russian fighter.

What are you doing with it?
    Using it as a desk clock, I need to make some kind of stand for it.

I collect clocks and watches and stuff like that. This one was built by one of my favorite Russian watch factories and I go it for an insanely good price on ebay from someone in Ukraine. I like Russian timepieces a lot because they tend to be a fairly cheap and extremely durable.

There were a number of models wand they were used in aircraft,helicopters, and tanks, so technically it could be any of those but Mig clock sounds more interesting.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 11-15-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The black accent on the bumper? Looks like the new EVO X...I think it looks good on your car.
    It's not bad on that color of car.

I'm not a big fan of the black stripe in the middle on bugs, I think the blobs pull it off better. It looks great from the front, but the side I'm a little torn on. It works well with your color though.

For a while I was thinking about blacking out the bottom grille on my WRX.... I posted photoshops a while ago that looked pretty sick. I'll try and find em.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    It's not bad on that color of car.

I'm not a big fan of the black stripe in the middle on bugs, I think the blobs pull it off better. It looks great from the front, but the side I'm a little torn on. It works well with your color though.

For a while I was thinking about blacking out the bottom grille on my WRX.... I posted photoshops a while ago that looked pretty sick. I'll try and find em.
    Thanks again.

I tried photoshopping it first myself, just to get an idea, but i'm very new tp PS. So, i figured whats the worst that could happen? It looks bad and I have to repaint the bumper? No biggie. But I am satisfied with how it came out. And after winter, i'll put the lip back on and have it painted to match
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

I just took a primitive skills class and this is where I spent the weekend:

Finally, a home I can afford! Anyone interested in outdoors classes in the NoVA area, I definitely recommend Earth Connection. I learned a ton of stuff in the few short days I was there.
    2009 WRX Sedan, Stage 1
    Stink Eye Mob Member #3

Who needs classes? I'll just watch Man vs. Wild with Bear Gryllis if I wanna learn this stuff
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Who needs classes? I'll just watch Man vs. Wild with Bear Gryllis if I wanna learn this stuff
    "if you ever fall into -30*F water, get out quickly. Here, I'll show you what I mean." LOL

Bear is awesome

(it's an exaggeration, folks.)
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I love watching Man vs. Wild, Survivorman, and the like. Bear Grylls does some pretty awesome stuff, but also mixes it with a few questionable things. Wringing water out of elephant dung directly into your mouth, for instance, is really only good if you're thirsty for a bacteria-laden beverage. It makes for great TV, though.

Either way, +10 for Bear Grylls. The fact that he's not dead yet means that what he's doing works well enough for him.
    2009 WRX Sedan, Stage 1
    Stink Eye Mob Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by drrockandroll View Post
    I love watching Man vs. Wild, Survivorman, and the like. Bear Grylls does some pretty awesome stuff, but also mixes it with a few questionable things. Wringing water out of elephant dung directly into your mouth, for instance, is really only good if you're thirsty for a bacteria-laden beverage. It makes for great TV, though.

Either way, +10 for Bear Grylls. The fact that he's not dead yet means that what he's doing works well enough for him.
    He does do some incredibly stupid stuff...all's necessary in some survival I suppose...like the episode in Siberia where he took all his clothes off to wade across water in -30 temps, just so it wouldn't stay wet. Just wow. Some of it is pretty cool though. The difference between Bear and Survivorman is that Survivorman is basically all shot by himself. Bear has a team that goes with him.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Driver of the .:R took this shot at dusk with a nice camera. It looks like the middle of the day due to the exposure and the picture is low resolution. Anyway it's a decent composition I just wish it was high-rez and truer to the time of day. The reflection of the sunset on my car was pure eye candy in person, true story!
    Last edited by etshulda; 11-19-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: got a better version of the pic
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    Driver of the .:R took this shot at dusk with a nice camera. It looks like the middle of the day due to the exposure and the picture is low resolution. Anyway it's a decent composition I just wish it was high-rez and truer to the time of day. The reflection of the sunset on my car was pure eye candy in person, true story!
    the shot would be 10x better if the STI was in focus, but its decent either way
    Dirty Crew #217 like it dirty? Dirty Thread |
    Military Milita #217 | Hawk-Eye Alliance #217 | Shaved Bumper Alliance #217

What does that mean?! If you dont know the lingo... Abbreviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are going to be crazy....it's best to be crazy with no regard for safety at all

That vw has some big cans, nice pic.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by msgsti217 View Post
    the shot would be 10x better if the STI was in focus, but its decent either way
    EDIT: I just got the original photo and the STi looks a bit clearer.

The girl even wore a pink thong to match the STi badges and none of the pics are even worth posting because she moved around too much. Hand and ass prints all over the hood!

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    That vw has some big cans, nice pic.
    Those are tips from a diesel truck he welded onto the stock pipes lol. Thanks!
    Last edited by etshulda; 11-19-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

great pic

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    deee-lish... but short as hell, no?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft