Snapshot of the day - Page 312

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sethbrown2007 hmm not for sure about the placement of the badges. i know the trunk wasn't replaced ...

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by sethbrown2007 View Post
    hmm not for sure about the placement of the badges. i know the trunk wasn't replaced but who knows...thanks again.
    well even if the trunk wasnt replaced, to do a good job painting they would have to take off the badges, because i thought they were all located down in the corners by the tailights.
    Attachment 82558
    Last edited by NJO; 09-07-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    well even if the trunk wasnt replaced, to do a good job painting they would have to take off the badges, because i thought they were all located down in the corners by the tailights.
    wow never noticed that before...doesn't matter though they will be coming off soon
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    wow never noticed that before...doesn't matter though they will be coming off soon
    Be careful taking them off since it's an aftermarket paintjob and you mentioned it's already chipping. I would definitely use a hair dryer... God knows what they used to stick them back on.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Be careful taking them off since it's an aftermarket paintjob and you mentioned it's already chipping. I would definitely use a hair dryer... God knows what they used to stick them back on.
    Epoxy
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

alright thanks everyone!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

NJO
    good plan man, mine will all be off soon as well, i do dread taking them off though, hopefully itll look good
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by josnroh; 04-24-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    The drag racing car with flames at night is IMO a very technically challenging car. Do you have the settings you used for that? I like it.

PS I ask because my night shots are a particular technical weakness of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AcropolisNight.jpg  
    Last edited by SD_GR; 02-20-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The drag racing car with flames at night is IMO a very technically challenging car. Do you have the settings you used for that? I like it.

PS I ask because my night shots are a particular technical weakness of mine.

I think the exposure on your shot looks very good. The only problem I see is the graining - this is probably just your ISO setting. If you leave it on automatic ISO it will choose a high value because it thinks you probably aren't using anything to stabilize the shot. Force it on the lowest setting (like ISO 100) and then expect a long exposure and the need to stabilize it. You can let the computer sort the rest out. I think Josh's shot has a lot more light all around, so the actual settings would be quite different.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I think the exposure on your shot looks very good. The only problem I see is the graining - this is probably just your ISO setting. If you leave it on automatic ISO it will choose a high value because it thinks you probably aren't using anything to stabilize the shot. Force it on the lowest setting (like ISO 100) and then expect a long exposure and the need to stabilize it. You can let the computer sort the rest out. I think Josh's shot has a lot more light all around, so the actual settings would be quite different.
    I definitely have a grain issue and I also have focus hunting despite being over 500 m away (implying I should be at "infinity" as far as focus is concerned). I would like to start experimenting with longer exposures at lower ISOs as you suggest. Thanks!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2006e7cdb792.jpg  
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

I Support ClubWRX
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Hey you got a great shot at the moon. That is sweet. Seeing the moon during the day.
    I also like those other shots you did at night time. Keep doing what you do. :d

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

FRANK THE TANK