Snapshot of the day - Page 143

This is a discussion on Snapshot of the day within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you should get illustrator, it's a lot better for stuff like that...

  1. #2131
    Registered User big_sur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Goode, VA
    Posts
    46
    you should get illustrator, it's a lot better for stuff like that

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2132
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,418
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    you should get illustrator, it's a lot better for stuff like that

    Yeah I was just goofin off seeing what symbols i could make for a sig and that little thing came about
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  4. #2133
    Registered User eld4au6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anniston AL
    Posts
    1,088


    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

  5. #2134
    Registered User Madoc05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Canandaigua
    Posts
    129
    Those are nice rims, I'll post my new ones up when I get a chance
    07 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #220

  6. #2135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Great Salt City of Utah
    Posts
    0
    your hood scoop looks like it could eat some one whole and your grill looks like it already did.

  7. #2136
    Registered User eld4au6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anniston AL
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    your hood scoop looks like it could eat some one whole and your grill looks like it already did.


    few more





    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

  8. #2137
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,418
    I Support ClubWRX
    Couple from 4th annual Halloween party:

    I seriously think the "jungle juice" had more than just alcohol in it. I got sicker than a dog and am still hurtin 24 hours later. Only had 3 glasses. First time I had been drunk like that in years. Almost wished I would have went to the hospital, feels like my stomach is bleeding inside. Anyways meh...









    Lelu Dallas multipasss:



    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  9. #2138
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX

    Nikon Coolpix point/click



    These were in my front yard Sunday, when I went to mow. Thought I'd take a pic of them...

    WTF are they, mycologist?
    Last edited by Rogan; 10-30-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: cant spell
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  10. #2139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Great Salt City of Utah
    Posts
    0
    Looks like it was one hell of a party

  11. #2140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    oc
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post


    These were in my front yard Sunday, when I went to mow. Thought I'd take a pic of them...

    WTF are they, onc?
    you should have continue mowing and seen what would happen

  12. #2141
    Registered User Jeff863's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    87
    my friend shot this but i liked it so much i stole it.
    03 WRX

  13. #2142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    oc
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff863 View Post
    my friend shot this but i liked it so much i stole it.
    friend stealer ah

  14. #2143
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,732
    Chick from 5th Element...nice

    Commence E-Leghumping now

    I'd hit it just because of the costume
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  15. #2144
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,013
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post


    These were in my front yard Sunday, when I went to mow. Thought I'd take a pic of them...

    WTF are they, mycologist?
    Nice shot,

    They are Coprinus commatus, the shaggy mane. They are delicious edibles (though I am not recommending that based on a picture ID here), however they have an odd enzyme set that causes them to auto-digest themselves. Basically they will deliquesce into a pile of inky go of their own doing (not just rotting like they all will eventually). In fact they are also known as the inky caps and people have written some improtant documents historically using a quill and these mushrooms. It is an oxygen dependant reaction so you can keep them for some time in the fridge if you put them in a bucket of water. Basically, the deliquescence causes the margin to curl back just as the basidia are maturing so that the spores can be successfully launched into the air (yet the rest of the cap is still practically enclosed so that the developing fertile portions are protected).

    They are fruiting from a mycelium that is decomposing the thatch in your yard and does not infect plants or people etc. The closely related C. atromentarius has anabuse compounds which, if consumed with alcohol, will give you an instant horrific three day hangover. They mess up your alcohol dehydrogenase system and cause acetaldehyde to accumulate.

    Long story short, it is going to turn into a puddle of black icky goo very soon. Great halloween photo op coming your way there.
    Last edited by mycologist; 10-30-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  16. #2145
    Registered User Jeff863's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Nice shot,

    They are Coprinus commatus, the shaggy mane. They are delicious edibles (though I am not recommending that based on a picture ID here), however they have an odd enzyme set that causes them to auto-digest themselves. Basically they will deliquesce into a pile of inky go of their own doing (not just rotting like they all will eventually). In fact they are also known as the inky caps and people have written some improtant documents historically using a quill and these mushrooms. It is an oxygen dependant reaction so you can keep them for some time in the fridge if you put them in a bucket of water. Basically, the deliquescence causes the margin to curl back just as the basidia are maturing so that the spores can be successfully launched into the air (yet the rest of the cap is still practically enclosed so that the developing fertile portions are protected).

    They are fruiting from a mycelium that is decomposing the thatch in your yard and does not infect plants or people etc. The closely related C. atromentarius has anabuse compounds which, if consumed with alcohol, will give you an instant horrific three day hangover. They mess up your alcohol dehydrogenase system and cause acetaldehyde to accumulate.

    Long story short, it is going to turn into a puddle of black icky goo very soon. Great halloween photo op coming your way there.
    man i feel like i just went to school. lol nice shot
    03 WRX

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •