Help! I need an assignment

This is a discussion on Help! I need an assignment within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm in a rut, photographically speaking. I haven't really used my camera to any degree since eary April. So, here's ...

Help! I need an assignment

I'm in a rut, photographically speaking. I haven't really used my camera to any degree since eary April. So, here's the challenge; I need an assignment. Somebody come up with something creative & interesting and I will attempt to make it happen. I live just outside of New Orleans so if architecture or doom & gloom, or some combination of the two is your thing, holla. Also, lots of street people here, too.

LIMITATIONS:

non-studio shots (no lights)

That's pretty much it other than it can't go against forum rules or laws as established, at least, in the majority of these United States.

Let's hear what you got. And no, I won't take photos of your car unless it runs at least a 6 second 1/4 mile.

Buzzz: if you send me one-way air fare I'll come shoot you and/or Paul on the track and cover my return expenses. I need to get away from the nuke plant for a while. It's making me nuts.

Peace,

Curtis
    www.pbase.com/cvbjr
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=1971

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    When I think of New Orleans, (one of the things) I think of (is) food.
    Try some different things. Product shots of food. Portraits of chefs, cooks, servers, etc...
    Action shots in the kitchen. People eating. Restaurants. Bars. Bartenders...
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    When I think of New Orleans, (one of the things) I think of (is) food.
    Try some different things. Product shots of food. Portraits of chefs, cooks, servers, etc...
    Action shots in the kitchen. People eating. Restaurants. Bars. Bartenders...
    Not a bad idea, Chan; however, I'm already 40 lbs over wieght and have high cholesterol. And I gave up drinking years ago. Let's try something that won't likely place my other foot on the banana peel. ;-)

Oh, and the last time I went ot the French Quarter my car got towed. I spent two hours in a cab trying to find an operable ATM, then the jack-ass that towed my car. In all, that little shoot in the Quarter cost $200+...and my photos sucked.

Next....

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Come to my town.

2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

1. Find 10 good PDA pictures.
    2. find 5 good pictures on a theme having to so with how the coast or rivers affect peoples lives. (like 5 fishing pictures, 5 pictures of people jogging or cycling on beach)
    3. use a 50mm only
    4. people picking their nose, people making funny expressions on cell phones
    5. take 10 good detail shots of working hands. Like mechanics painters .....
    6. sit in car across from strip club and take candid portriates of customers(this ones way fun)
    7.find 10 sleeping homeless people.
    8. find a cool looking dark room have someone sit down and hold still for a few min. open the shutter and paint the whole room with a flash light. Paint in a key light on there face and a rim light. use some color gels to change the mood of the light in diff parts of the room.
    9. take 10 good photos of people from the waist down. Try to show who they are what they do with there shadows.
    10. take the same pictures 5 times. Once at dawn, mid morning, noon, mid afternoon and dusk.( trian tracks are fun with this)

Looks like I'm gonna have to put in for some serious vacation time to get all of this done.

I always head out to the local college track meet. Wherever that my be.
    Take some of the most mind boggling shots ever, and see some of the hottest women on planet earth at the same time. I like hanging around the pole vault, the high jump and the javelin area.
    Usually really easy to get on the field. Just say you are from the visiting teams college paper. Cuz none of the athletes know who is on their own staff.
    We are going to be doing tons of testing later on in the fall and early winter. We may need to bring you down. But for now, it is 114 degrees today, and racing in this weather is awful. We do have a race on the 12th of Aug, but too hot and too little time before then.
    I hate that feeling of hitting a plateau. Especially in art, photography or music.

114 degrees...but, it's a dry heat, right?

Unfortunately, the main facility where track meets were held in New Orleans looked like a huge swimming pool following Katrina, and stayed that way, with 6 - 8' of water throughout for weeks. It's broke bad. It sure as hell made an interesting photo, though.

This satellite image shows pre & post Katrina condition of Tad Gormley stadium.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ina-comp02.htm

There are other images which are more impressive; just can't find them right now.

Perhaps I'll see you in the winter, Buzzz.

Curtis

It will be 116 today.
    Yeah, maybe over the winter we can work something out.