Which Digital SLR to buy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Which Digital SLR to buy within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dsel I say not worth it. However, other people would say buy the most camera you can ...

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    I say not worth it. However, other people would say buy the most camera you can get if you ever plan on selling it. Depreciation is similar to comptuers. In a few years, they're worthless.
    True, however, camera bodies will be changed. Your lenses will last you through 2-3 body changes at least. This is why everyone says spend the money on glass.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got a Nikon D50 for x-mas. First time DSLR user. Gotta' say, its a badass camera. Look at my other thread w/ my 'best' work & see the pictures. That's also with the kit lens.

Quote Originally Posted by 02WrXsTi
    I got a Nikon D50 for x-mas. First time DSLR user. Gotta' say, its a badass camera. Look at my other thread w/ my 'best' work & see the pictures. That's also with the kit lens.
    most D-slrs will be bad ass cameras... untill you really start shooting technical stuff. Then you will be wanting a better one

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    True, however, camera bodies will be changed. Your lenses will last you through 2-3 body changes at least. This is why everyone says spend the money on glass.

~myke
    Along those lines - and not to threadjack too much - is there a generic equivalent or rough equivalent to L glass? I really want a super-wide angle, 1.8 or so, but Canon's costs more than my camera? 14-28 mm or so would be preferred. And Seth, this will help us both...

Any thoughts?
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    Along those lines - and not to threadjack too much - is there a generic equivalent or rough equivalent to L glass? I really want a super-wide angle, 1.8 or so, but Canon's costs more than my camera? 14-28 mm or so would be preferred. And Seth, this will help us both...

Any thoughts?
    Canon's wide angle lenses aren't considered the best on the market. Even so, if you're looking for a fast (f/1.8) UWA lens that is "L" equivalent that doesn't cost more than your body - you're not going to find it.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123