double lens reflex?

This is a discussion on double lens reflex? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ive started to collect antique cameras, and i saw this Rolleiflex Double Lens Reflex camera and loved it. then i ...

double lens reflex?

ive started to collect antique cameras, and i saw this Rolleiflex Double Lens Reflex camera and loved it. then i saw that they go for $4k (new)

now im not looking to buy a new one, but even the old ones are like 500-600 dollars.

now im sure there is a reason why they are so expensive, so can someone tell me why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2 is better then 1

they are larger format then 35mm (6x6cm i think). have 2 very good prime lenses in them, are very quiet(good for weddings), and they look sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    ...and they look sexy.
    yes. yes they do.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, the Rolleis have an air of class about them and will never be cheap.

Got yourself a Hasselblad yet?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.