What camera to buy??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What camera to buy??? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you just want a compact point and shoot, i can highly recommend the Panasonic Lumix series. my dad has ...

if you just want a compact point and shoot, i can highly recommend the Panasonic Lumix series. my dad has one, and it actually takes great pictures.

but if you want better image control and possibly better image quality. look towards the cameras we have mentioned here.

Canon offers great cameras in the consumer line. as does nikon. i have heard some sony cameras are good, but ive yet to try one that i liked.

one that i was particularly interested in was the Olympus - C8080. its actually a pretty darn good camera. discontinued now, so you can find one for a good deal i bet.
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks everyone.

I'm really leaning towards the s2 is, from what i've read from "bdpAKAknox's" post on dpreview.com it's got everything i want and more. If anyone has the Cannon s2 IS and has taken some pics and posted up in members rides could you give me a little preview.

And also "agphotography" could you send me some more site's and info, that'd be great. I pm'ed you if you don't get it yet.

Thanks again-

I def. would stick to Canon. I have played around with the majority of thier cameras at work and each impress me. Even the A line cameras are excellent. The A 700 blew away the competition on clarity for the price. The A series actually has a larger image sensor than the SD series so it has a bit less noise on low light shots.

If you are used to the AE-1 (awesome camera BTW), I would prolly stick to the SLR's at this point. If you want like an entry level SLR, go with the Rebel XT. Canon is offering a 100$ rebate for the XT till July 15th (http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pd..._ClaimForm.pdf)
    One up from that is the 20/30d. The 20D's will be discontinued within may or June so they'll be way cheaper to pick up.

The S3IS is pretty nice. It has 12X w/ Image Stabilization and is overall more improved from the S2. A coworker in PR was given the S3IS to shoot at a baseball game and every image was tack sharp. I was playing around with the SD700IS at work which is really nice as well. The IS works very well during our test shots.

Good Luck on your search and if you have any questions, there are a alot of in the know camera people here.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude

If you are used to the AE-1 (awesome camera BTW), I would prolly stick to the SLR's at this point. If you want like an entry level SLR, go with the Rebel XT. Canon is offering a 100$ rebate for the XT till July 15th (http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pd..._ClaimForm.pdf)
    One up from that is the 20/30d. The 20D's will be discontinued within may or June so they'll be way cheaper to pick up.
    +1 on the SLR. If you're serious, you'll outgrow a point and shoot real fast. I heart my 20D.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

+3912075426791830 on SLR. but if you dont want to invest $10k+ in your camera gear ( like i did... ) then start with a rebel or rebel xt. id be able to help you a lot more on finding the best info and the best deals if you went the DSLR route.

just my opinion. youll spend more. but youll get better images, and better satisfaction.

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Nikon D200 FTW

d200 is a very nice camera.

i was about to switch to nikon rencently, i was trying to get a d200 and d2x ( + an assortment of pro-lenses )
    but it just didnt make sense for me to do that now.

ive got a 5d and 1ds canon bodies, and about 8 lenses ( all of which are f/2.8 or faster )

Ewwww.... Myspace.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I ended up with a maxxum 7D because it took the lenses I had for my film setup (old maxxums). Now they are owned by Sony and I can't even get a decent macro flash.

i think sigma makes a macro flash. you should be able to get one for your minolta kit.
    and. with the immanent release of the sony "Alpha" dslr youre bound to have a whole host of new toys for your system.

Ewwww.... Myspace.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks you made my day - seriously.

awesome! i love doing that

ill let you know if i find out anything else about the sony/konica/minolta system lol

Ewwww.... Myspace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12