Olympus FE-140

This is a discussion on Olympus FE-140 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I decided to buy a new camera that was little more compact than my bulky Canon one. I found a ...

Olympus FE-140

I decided to buy a new camera that was little more compact than my bulky Canon one. I found a really cheap camera by Olympus, it's the FE-140. It's got 6 megapixels and I added a 1G XD type h memory card. Here's more information:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06..._fe130_140.asp

I got a really great deal on Outpost.com (Fry's Electronics) and it's on sale for $149 ending today.

I've been reading up on some XD cards and they claim that it's really slow. I bought a type H (high speed?) card and it's suppose to substantially faster. Anyone have experience with XD memory cards? Is it really that bad?

-alex
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cools, out of curiosity, which Canon did you have?

good luck w/ the camera dude.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Regarding high speed memory cards, it's really only useful in cameras that have a high frame rate; IE: capable of shooting many shots consecutively, 8 frames per second and such. Otherwise, standard cards are fine and cheaper.

www.robgalbraith.com has a very good data base for CF and SD cards, which is stickied in this forum.

Peace,

Curtis

The Canon is a PowerShot A85 4.0mp camera.

I got the camera today along with the memory card. Everything is so small and compact, I think this is perfect for a everyday use kinda camera. Check out the 1gig memory card

I couldn't get my Canon to take good close up pictures of the new camera but here is some professional shots of it

So far. I like it, the memory card is a little slow when viewing large pictures or saving big pictures. But overall the memory card is awesome and the pictures are a lot better than my Canon digicam. Great camera for $149!!!
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.