Tons of pictures. Featuring me plus Sicwrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tons of pictures. Featuring me plus Sicwrx within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i took all of these on a Nikon D70s...

Tons of pictures. Featuring me plus Sicwrx

i took all of these on a Nikon D70s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0744.JPG   DSC_0751.JPG   DSC_0935.JPG   DSC_0916.JPG   DSC_0949.JPG  

vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0997.JPG   DSC_0983.JPG   DSC_0984.JPG   DSC_0915.JPG   DSC_0970.JPG  

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Decent start on things...I think they're a bit center-weighted, and angles are good but it's important not to go too crazy. People don't wanna break their necks to see the shot, after all They all seem like they could use a little more punch in color and contrast too.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

nice shots... the rims on the PSM are a bit odd though..or is diffrent the word im looking for?
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    Decent start on things...I think they're a bit center-weighted, and angles are good but it's important not to go too crazy. People don't wanna break their necks to see the shot, after all They all seem like they could use a little more punch in color and contrast too.
    a little contrast goes a LONGGGGGG way, but personally i dont like to edit my pictures. even if its just adding a little contrast to it.
    i know what your sayng about the angles. but i think it makes the pictures a little more "fun". regular angles just seem so boring for some shots

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    a little contrast goes a LONGGGGGG way, but personally i dont like to edit my pictures. even if its just adding a little contrast to it.
    i know what your sayng about the angles. but i think it makes the pictures a little more "fun". regular angles just seem so boring for some shots
    I'm all about different strokes for different folks, but if you didn't want to edit your pictures, why use a D70s? Was it just someone's you were borrowing? There's plenty of really high quality, high megapixel point and shoots out there that'll deliver pictures that you wouldn't have to worry about editing ever. If you're really wanting this to be a start down a fun path of photography at least as a hobby, I truly do believe that editing your pictures is going to be the only way to truly bring out the full potential of your camera and yourself as a photographer.

As far as the angles that you used go, I agree that for some shots extreme angles should be used, but for the set you have above, I attribute the "boring" factor to be more because of the location you used, rather than the angle.

EDIT: The D70s even has a plethora of in-camera settings to bring out more color and contrast, if you really are so against post processing...I'd look into those
    Last edited by Verdugo; 04-11-2006 at 09:38 AM.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

I'm all about different strokes for different folks, but if you didn't want to edit your pictures, why use a D70s? Was it just someone's you were borrowing? There's plenty of really high quality, high megapixel point and shoots out there that'll deliver pictures that you wouldn't have to worry about editing ever. If you're really wanting this to be a start down a fun path of photography at least as a hobby, I truly do believe that editing your pictures is going to be the only way to truly bring out the full potential of your camera and yourself as a photographer.

As far as the angles that you used go, I agree that for some shots extreme angles should be used, but for the set you have above, I attribute the "boring" factor to be more because of the location you used, rather than the angle.

EDIT: The D70s even has a plethora of in-camera settings to bring out more color and contrast, if you really are so against post processing...I'd look into those
    I've been into photography for a better part of my life. But 90% of that has been with film. I dont own a digital camera, so i borrowed my friends d70s. which personally is one of the best digital cameras i have used. I had to borrow it because un fortunatly my cannon F1 broke 2 weeks ago so i have been with out the camera. i dint feeel like exploring the d70s all too much, those menus confuse me

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've been into photography for a better part of my life. But 90% of that has been with film. I dont own a digital camera, so i borrowed my friends d70s. which personally is one of the best digital cameras i have used. I had to borrow it because un fortunatly my cannon F1 broke 2 weeks ago so i have been with out the camera. i dint feeel like exploring the d70s all too much, those menus confuse me
    Ahhh that makes sense then...the menus are actually really straight forward if you really look at them, and if you ever come across something you don't know, just press on the "?" button and it'll tell you all about it...just some food for thought for the future

Ahhh that makes sense then...the menus are actually really straight forward if you really look at them, and if you ever come across something you don't know, just press on the "?" button and it'll tell you all about it...just some food for thought for the future
    i need to buy a digital camera though. either the d70s or a cannon eos20D. its so nice having your pictures right then and there rather than waiting a day to get them back to see if you liked them

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    i need to buy a digital camera though. either the d70s or a cannon eos20D. its so nice having your pictures right then and there rather than waiting a day to get them back to see if you liked them
    Absolutely! Given that you've have a Canon (albeit a broken one), I'd go with the 20D if I were you...you'd probably still be able to use your Canon mount lenses on it

Absolutely! Given that you've have a Canon (albeit a broken one), I'd go with the 20D if I were you...you'd probably still be able to use your Canon mount lenses on it

yeah but unfortunatly these things = big money. and my wrx is first right now. but after that....its new camera time

Im going to add to this since i was apart of it
    I was using a Fujifilm Finepix S3000 (junk )
    Last edited by SicWRX37; 05-10-2006 at 04:36 PM.
    -Jordon
    New EnglandF4
    EJ257/18G 365hp/355trq

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Sicwrx your car looks awesome. Those rims ftw.
    Now paint your sideskirts.

Nice pics guys, the cars look great
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

20d Ftw!
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.