1ds markII for sale
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1ds markII for sale within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; some kid at school is selling his 1ds MarkII for 00. I almost s hit my pants....

1ds markII for sale

some kid at school is selling his 1ds MarkII for $4200.
    I almost s hit my pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Why for so cheap?
    2005 CGM STi

What the crap is a kid doing with a 7k body?

Ok, slim chance, but maybe the kid thinks he has a 1d markII? lolol just tryin to rationalize.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    HOLY Simon Harris' Indigo Trousers!

Is it banged up?

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    buy it
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude

Ok, slim chance, but maybe the kid thinks he has a 1d markII? lolol just tryin to rationalize.

~myke
    My kid has a 1D MkII and a bunch of lenses. Maybe that kid's Dad is a photography nut like me. Hell, I borrow his 70-200 2.8L IS for my 1D MkII. All I've got is a 'crappy' 70-200 f4L.

Actually, I can't think of a better way to spend time with my 17 year old son than shooting together.

Peace,

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude

~myke
    I go to brooks institute of photography. its deff a 1ds theres a pic of it.

Well, I will say this, I love my Mark II. If I was not afraid of buying used high end equipment, I would buy it for my brother. Would be a nice birthday surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe
    Well, I will say this, I love my Mark II. If I was not afraid of buying used high end equipment, I would buy it for my brother. Would be a nice birthday surprise.
    Wannabe,

I bought both of my MkII's used, with no issues or regrets. You just have be careful where you buy equipment. I only buy from professional photog sites; either www.sportsshotter.com or www.robgalbraith.com. I won't even log into eBay for something that expensive. But, that's just me.

Low click MkII's are going for ~$2500 right now. I paid $3k each for ours just a few months ago. A 1D is going for $1k+/-.

Peace

that is an amazing price, and considering i came from brooks as well this could be one of two situations.

1- the kid is spoiled rotten ( as a good majority of the students there are ) and has little regard for the equipment he gets and did not take very good care of it. - hence the low price

or 2 - the kid does well for himself (and/or has help from his family), possibly moved up to a medium format digital system and no longer needs the 1ds mkII, he/she probably took pretty good care of it, and is figuring they will sell it quicker if they sell it at a loss.

just my 2 or a former brookie
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

and for the record -

i got a 1Ds for $2k with 20k clicks ( thats like nothing ), got that plus $1500 for my Hasselblad H1 camera. ( great deal on my part )

and i got a 5D new which cost me $3200 because it was still a new release at the time.

so $4200 for a 1dsmkII is a phenominal price. and i would jump on it if i had the money.
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.