GripTyte: 2016 WRX Premium Trim
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GripTyte: 2016 WRX Premium Trim within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2016 Subaru WRX.. . My Track Car (Not My Daily Driver): Cobb Tuning Stage 1 / Cobb SF Intake / ...

GripTyte: 2016 WRX Premium Trim

2016 Subaru WRX...
    My Track Car (Not My Daily Driver):
    Cobb Tuning Stage 1 / Cobb SF Intake / Cobb Accessport / Perrin Gurney Flap / STI Spoiler / Nameless Muffler Delete / Nitrous Oxide Systems Intercooler Chiller & Purge / Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Universal) / Megan Front & Rear Strut Brace / AEM Battery Tie Down / APR Winglets / STI Front Lip Side Skirts & Rear Aprons / Front & Rear Tow Hooks / Sparco Racing Harness / G Force 5 Point Racing Harnesses / Carbon Fiber Bits & Pieces / TVP Auto Overlays & Wraps / VSR Wheels & Powder Coated G37 Wheels / VMS Wing Stiffy / Billet Aluminum Nitrous Bottle Holders / Rear Roof Spoiler / Vortex Generators / Magnetic Autocross Numbers / Window Vent Visors / AVT WRX Intercooler Guard / More To Come...

Future Mods:
    Cobb Pro-Tune / PRL Charge Pipe / Nameless Mid-pipe / Perrin Equal Length Header / Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / Mishimoto Oil Cooler / Aggressive Rear Diffuser
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1834.jpg   IMG_1702.jpg   IMG_1830.jpg   IMG_1833.jpg   IMG_1845.jpg  

IMG_1836.jpg   IMG_1838.jpg   IMG_1837.jpg   IMG_1835.jpg   IMG_1700.jpg  

Last edited by GripTyte; 03-01-2017 at 05:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Wow...quite the intro. So...CVT? How's it holding up? No aux trans cooler? HP/TQ? I'm curious.

Quite a unique setup to say the least... Nitrous + CVT.
    What sort of track duty does it see? Drag? Road race? etc?
    Curious about your times if you're drag racing.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

Welcome bud. How much torque to the wheels?
    Or he is rolling down the street in his new slammed ride vaping out the window, enjoying the tow truck ride. - XJman

2017 ISM Impreza 5MT Hatchback Sport
    2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune (Sold)

Journal-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Track car? Exactly what track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Hello all... To answer everyone's questions... Yes it is a CVT. I purposely selected it over a traditional manual for various reasons... Mainly do to the fact that there is a lot of stop and go traffic here where I live... Coupled with the fact that I have a cervical fusion (C1-C5)... Thank God that I now have excellent peripheral vision to compensate for the limited range of motion in my neck... I do realize that the CVT doesn't do too well with elevated torque levels beyond 290-300... But then again this is not my daily driver. I purchased it new back in May of last year (2016)... I don't drive it much. Currently it has 4200 miles on it. Since my purchase, I've gradually added a few things to it. With regards to the nitrous oxide kit, it's a dedicated intercooler chiller. I had it laying around when I sold my 5th gen. Prelude. I placed it on the car to combat heat soak during the summer months and due to our stock intercooler's inefficiency. As for tracking my car, that's my plan... But only when I finish adding the remaining items on my list. It should be completed by the summer... Thanks guys for stopping by.

Dope man dope man dope man. Good idea using it as an intercooler chiller. Looks awesome. Probably would get pulled over all the time if you drove daily with it though.

Like everything but that front license plate...

(Old Georgia boy...)
    Current ride: 2017 WRX Premium in Ice Silver Metallic

Former rides: 2012 Subaru WRX Premium in DGM; 2011 BMW X3; 2005 Honda CRV ;2003 BMW Z4; 2002 Acura CL; 2001 Subaru Outback; 2001 Honda Accord Coupe; 1986 Audi 80; 1986 Saab 900; 1977 Toyota Celica

Ahhh... Georgia Bulldogs (Dr. Jeff)... I have to support the University of Alabama... I'll be receiving my Master's in Quality this December 2017... Roll Tide 🤓 #Thank's Be To God#

Wow looking nice, what did you do to the head/tail lights?

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    War Eagle War!

I actually went to college in New Hampshire . . . but I have a friend who went to Auburn which I understand is a rival to Alabama.

Hey Brass Knuckles... Both the headlights and tail lights are wrapped with smoke vinyl wrap followed by a clear bra overlay. The headlights also have the Subispeed carbon fiber eyebrows with a clear bra overlay as well. Thanks for the compliment.
    Wake Technical Community College
    Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Drafting Technology (2009)
    East Carolina University
    Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology-Manufacturing Systems (2015)
    University of Alabama
    Master of Science in Human Environmental Science-Consumer Quality Management (December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.