My 2006 SAAB (Saabaru) 9-2X Aero
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My 2006 SAAB (Saabaru) 9-2X Aero within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I haven't posted here since I was searching for a car, so I thought I'd post a picture thread. My ...

My 2006 SAAB (Saabaru) 9-2X Aero

I haven't posted here since I was searching for a car, so I thought I'd post a picture thread. My car has a built motor, ST coilovers (KW V1s), Whiteline Swaybars, Whiteline endlinks, Cobb turboback, Cobb protune, Cobb short shifter/ bushings, and a couple other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Nice pics, I like your choice of backgrounds.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    You've got a bit of a unicorn there. 2.5L Saabaru with M/T isn't all that common
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^What he said...

I Support ClubWRX
    How are the ST coilovers in terms of comfort and noise?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You've got a bit of a unicorn there. 2.5L Saabaru with M/T isn't all that common
    Yeah supposedly 1/238 in the U.S
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I love them, and they are super comfortable compared to the Cobb lowering springs I had before.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sol123 View Post
    Yeah supposedly 1/238 in the U.S

I love them, and they are super comfortable compared to the Cobb lowering springs I had before.
    Impressive! Thanks for the comment!
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Quote Originally Posted by sol123
    ST is a fantastic budget coilover (far superior to the BC, ISC, etc. others in that price range). They are a KW V1 with a different body housing (KW owns ST, afterall).

Personally, I'd still go strut/spring setup for a DD, but my opinion is based upon the fact that we get a ton of rock salt put on the roads every winter. In NC, where the OP is located (at least based on his plates), these are a great buy.

UNYSOC

ST is a fantastic budget coilover (far superior to the BC, ISC, etc. others in that price range). They are a KW V1 with a different body housing (KW owns ST, afterall).
    Agreed the only difference between the ST coilovers and KW V1s is the lack of a stainless steel coating. What they lack in adjustability compared to BC, ISC, etc. they make up for in quality engineering and compliance. They are TÜV legal and have a 5 year warranty. Also they are way cheaper than you'd think if you negotiate a bit with Nasioc Vendors.

I Support ClubWRX
    The TÜV is a huge deal, that's why I asked. Many members ask about "entry-level" coilovers whether they need them or not, and being able to buy something at a decent price with a TÜV symbol on it is just fantastic. It's scary that people trust their lives to components with nothing more than a good price and a web site sales pitch going for them.

Those look like the Saab wheels, I like them too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed the only difference between the ST coilovers and KW V1s is the lack of a stainless steel coating. What they lack in adjustability compared to BC, ISC, etc. they make up for in quality engineering (TÜV legal) and compliance.
    Here's the thing: you don't NEED the adjustability of the BCs, ISCs, etc. because these were setup properly. Between the warranty available on the STs and the fact that they're about half the price of their "identical" brother, I would have a difficult time recommending the KW V1 over them (and I sell both).

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Those look like the Saab wheels, I like them too.
    Thanks, like the rest of the car they are only sort of saab. They were manufactured by Enkei and are the Aero factory 17 in sport package wheels. Mine are plastidipped with 5 coats of Anthracite Grey and 2 coats of glossifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF Tuning View Post
    Here's the thing: you don't NEED the adjustability of the BCs, ISCs, etc. because these were setup properly. Between the warranty available on the STs and the fact that they're about half the price of their "identical" brother, I would have a difficult time recommending the KW V1 over them (and I sell both).
    The lifetime warranty the KWs come with made me consider them, but 5 years isn't bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    The lifetime warranty the KWs come with made me consider them, but 5 years isn't bad.
    Do you plan to keep the car over ten years? You can buy two sets out of warranty for the same cost

Regardless, the car is setup pretty well. A S2 TD04 EJ255 with good suspension is a very fun daily.

UNYSOC

Do you plan to keep the car over ten years? You can buy two sets out of warranty for the same cost

Regardless, the car is setup pretty well. A S2 TD04 EJ255 with good suspension is a very fun daily.
    It sounds nutty, but I don't want a different car. I've driven a 2015 WRX and it just felt too refined as do most modern cars.

Yeah it's pretty fun, I still itch for more though. Having a built motor with forged pistons and rods it feels wrong not to upgrade to a vf39 or similar, and I'm always looking for more handling improvements.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    well that's something nice to see

hello and welcome dude!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.