2015 CWP WRX Limited
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 CWP WRX Limited within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi All, I'm new to the forum and hope I will be welcomed. This is my first subie and I ...

2015 CWP WRX Limited

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3241.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	192201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3244.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	192209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	192217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3276.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	192225Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and hope I will be welcomed. This is my first subie and I love it. I've never had my own WRX and have driven many (since the 02'). I waited an agonizing 15 weeks to pick up the car and it was well worth it. Unfortunately, the dealer had options that I didn't order and most importantly, door sills that I greatly dread. I really find them unattractive. They protect your door blah blah blah but they look horrendous imo. The dealer knew I wouldn't take the vehicle with them so they sent it out to their detailing associate and had it removed. The rest of the options I didn't order were the all season floor mats, auto dimming mirror and shock sensor. Those were all included free of charge because the sales rep needed that sale. The items I DID order were the STS and armrest extension. I now regret the armrest cause you can probably find a better one at subispeed (awesome btw).

Moving on to mods. not many. All appearance to be honest. Subispeed DRL's, trunk light/license plate light, fog lights, window tints and pioneer 500nex unit. I plan on using the WRX red vinyl emblems on the fenders, steering wheel, shifter housing, and front fascia. The upcoming toys will included the fumoto drain valve for easy oil changes and hopefully, with financial status permitting, a big brake upgrade.

Here's the bread and butter, qualms. This is gonna be the bitch and moan area of this vehicle. It's stiff. We all know that. But the amount of road it absorbs is close to 15-20 percent. I don't mind it driving alone. But when I have parents or friends riding on board, it can be annoying (for them, not me). The shifter, (as always, I speak for my car and my driving ability and no one else) is "ok". I've had a 95' honda civic ex with a better gearbox. It's difficult shifting back into first when necessary. The throttle and clutch don't seem to agree when shifting into second (I've driven my fair share of manuals but maybe I'm still at fault). The shift from first to second and second to third are noisier and notchier than necessary. 4th, 5th, and 6th are fine. I've had the Rex since oct 2014 but shifting from first to second is still "jerky" at times (I blame me, not the car).

Still bitching, The road noise is exceptionally high (I understand that I bought this car for it's pedigree and not it's smooth ride nature). Normal road and highway cruising is ok at best. There's just soooo much noise coming in due to build quality. Potholes are a *****ing nightmare. I live in New York and the winter was good and bad. The bad, All salt was picked up by the tires and you can hear and feel every bit of it. At the same time, I was amazed that the dunlop sport maxx was able to plow me in the right direction and then some. I am considering the rallyarmor mud flaps cause the summer tires pick up so much (every pebble etc). Again, I was astonished by the way the AWD held up in the snow with the summer tires. I'd definitely get all seasons for next year to be on the safe side but nonetheless impressive. To be honest and frank, don't go for this car if that's important to you. There's a great deal of road noise even in great weather.

Still bitching, the original head unit is, as we all know, very very mediocre. The pioneer 5000nex made a huge difference, even though I don't typically blast music, but the sound quality is very significant. The sunroof is small (just throwing it out there). The trunk requires a good slam to close (that's in the forums if you want to fix that). The trunk release is on the key as well as being to the left of the steering column. That being said, there's no trunk release on the trunk (you'd have to either open the driver door to open the trunk or have another key in your pocket).

The motor IS AMAZING. It revs great in second, third, fourth and beyond (it really pulls). Despite all the negatives, I TRULY LOVE THIS CAR. I've seen and heard many problems with revving and CEL problems and wish those owners the best. I've yet to experience any. I start my car and warm up til revs are under 1k. I rarely go above 4k revs but it's awesome when I do.

Now, with everything being said, I LOVE MY CAR. The throttle, steering input, stability, AWD, practicality, etc. It does everything I want. I don't care if my girlfriend would rather ride in a 3-series. This is ME! It's what I WANT and I wouldn't trade it in for anything else. Seriously. BMW M4? nah.... not my cup of tea.

Continuing with the good. The seats are supportive and the A/C and heat work well. Heated seats are a great addition. The flat bottom steering wheel is cool as well as the 10 and 2 thumb positions. The aluminum pedals have rubber inserts that keep grip with wet and snowy weather. I do advise all weather floor mats or "weather tech" floor mats if your region sees snow.

The new Pioneer 5000NEX allows me to use their navigation, apple car play, and numerous other apps. This got me to not get the HK system with the keyless access. The unit that the package comes with is slightly better than mediocre imo. All my contacts etc, sync with the new system. Plus, I can use "spotify", "pandora", "waze" etc. The main thing is that the HK package costs $2500 and the 5000NEX cost under $700 right now. Yes, there's more work etc. But if a retard like me can do it........

I'm going to attach a few photos now from beginning to current. Sorry for the poor photography. 96accord and goose42 has the good ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3365.jpg   IMG_3366.jpg   IMG_3310.jpg   IMG_3309.jpg   IMG_3311.jpg  

Last edited by foie; 04-06-2015 at 09:08 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3310.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	192233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3309.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	192241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3311.jpg 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	192249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3365.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	192257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3366.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	192265

2015 CWP WRX Limited

I almost forgot, my boy Ricky at Next Level Audio handled all the tint. He removes all the front "mirror windows" to ensure proper tinting. Not everyone does that. I used 35% carbon tint. There's 0% metal in this tint so it looks more organic. Less reflection if that makes sense. He does a great job and if you tell him "B" sent you from the forum he'll set you up with a discount. but make prior arrangements before your travels. Happy Tinting!
    Last edited by foie; 04-06-2015 at 09:09 AM.

944 North 9th St. Stroudsburg Pa

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    ok soooo.... welcome again and that's a GREAT looking ride!

thanks for the posts and keep us posted on future mods and fun experiences!

* love that tint too bro
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.