Had my 14' sedan tinted today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Had my 14' sedan tinted today within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I was finally able to get in before the holidays to get the wrx tinted. I went with 5% ...

Had my 14' sedan tinted today

Well, I was finally able to get in before the holidays to get the wrx tinted. I went with 5% all the way around which probably wasn't a good idea, we'll see how long it takes before I get pulled over hahaha. I forgot how much it stood out on white, whoops! Tomorrow I plan on going stage 2, I'm tired of staring at my Accessport and downpipe sitting in my garage. There is no way I can wait out the full warranty length

Hope everyone has a great/safe Christmas and a happy new year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1628.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	178865

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	178873
    Last edited by Mitch08WRX; 12-23-2014 at 01:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Dayum that's dark. Looks good though, especially with the black wheels.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch08WRX View Post
    Well, I was finally able to get in before the holidays to get the wrx tinted. I went with 5% all the way around which probably wasn't a good idea, we'll see how long it takes before I get pulled over hahaha. I forgot how much it stood out on white, whoops! Tomorrow I plan on going stage 2, I'm tired of staring at my Accessport and downpipe sitting in my garage. There is no way I can wait out the full warranty length

Hope everyone has a great/safe Christmas and a happy new year!

Name:	IMG_1628.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	178865

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	178873
    Looks great! I did 5% on all rear windows and doors. Did 30% on front doors and 5% front strip.

If I never drove at night, id go darker on front windows, but I hate the reflection from interior lights.

That a Duramax I see in the background? I have an 07 Classic LBZ.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Thanks fella's!

I drove it home at night and yeah, it was dark. My last WRX had 15% on the front's and 5% in the rear. I just love the look of dark tint on white. That would be my dads, its an 06 GMC 8.1 Liter 2500HD. He only wishes it was a duramax lol. Looks like you have quite the setup for both

Your right, the dark tint on white looks hot.

Yeah, they do the job.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Now all you need is the black fender trim badge. That will set it off nicely.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Now all you need is the black fender trim badge. That will set it off nicely.
    Ordered them a couple days ago along with the Kartboy short throw and bushings

Mitch08WRX, what % did you go with? I'm getting my '15 WRX done Monday and the shop recommended 20% for sides and rear. They said that technically it is not legal for the front doors to have tint, but they have not had anyone get in trouble here in Michigan in 5 years. I just don't want it too dark -- 5% limo is definitely too dark , but 20 might be too?
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, HID lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

Hey Ryan! I was born in lansing haha. Anyways, on my old WRB sedan I had the rear doors and rear window all done in 5% tint (which on the rears anything is legal). On the front's I had did 15% and yes, it was still "dark." But to me, it was perfect and wasn't too dark like this 5% I recently had put on. Honestly, you shouldn't have any problem with 20%, but it is not to my preference. I would want darker personally, but thats just me. Hopefully wherever you take it to get tinted offers a variety of tint percentages. I only had a choice of 5%,15%,30% and 50% I believe.

Looks great, especially with the rims. I have a black '15 wrx that I can't wait to get tinted. Probably wait for spring.

I'm curious to see how long it will take to get pulled over with that tint. It looks really nice though.

More pics please. I love it
    Stinkeye member 520

Thanks everyone! As far is getting pulled over, I passed numerous cops and haven't had any problems yet. Let's just hope it stays that way! I will upload more pictures later, been getting pounded with snow and cold temps all week.. Shes buried in about 3 ft of snow

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch08WRX View Post
    Thanks everyone! As far is getting pulled over, I passed numerous cops and haven't had any problems yet. Let's just hope it stays that way! I will upload more pictures later, been getting pounded with snow and cold temps all week.. Shes buried in about 3 ft of snow
    Honestly they're not going to bother you if you're not doing anything wrong. My lancer was MUCH darker then ct law states (they were tinted in az though legally) and had my headlights and tailights tinted and never had a problem. Other than the fact that they caught me for no up to date registration, and that was the only time anyone said anything and he let it go. Just asked if the windows were legal, told him they were done in az and blah blah blah. Nothing on the headlights thougj
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.