prerak77 2015 DGM Limited
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on prerak77 2015 DGM Limited within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, got my car on 8/14. Got all exterior surfaces and wheels coated with Cquartz Finest done two days ...

prerak77 2015 DGM Limited

Hey everyone, got my car on 8/14. Got all exterior surfaces and wheels coated with Cquartz Finest done two days after delivery at Signature Detailing in Hillsborough, NJ. Some great guys there, highly recommended.

This is my first Subaru, coming from Hondas. Really looking forward to being part of the online and offline community.

While I am not planning on modifying the car too much other than wheels and maybe suspension. I am also planning on getting the LED 3000K fog lights, most likely the SubiSpeed ones.

Anyway here is the car, was a very long wait.

Interior lighting & License plate lights changed to LED -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3GBV1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vanity Lights - http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-hi-pow...ight-bulb.html

License Plate \Med - No Holes License Plate Bracket

An since I am an old fart with two kids and two car seats in the back I had to get this car seat covers to match the black seats with red piping.

Amazon.com : Diono Ultra Mat Full-Size Seat Protector, Black : Car Seat Organizers : Baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice choice in color, and welcome!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Great looking car! Welcome. Thanks for the link to the seat covers - I've got two car seats as well. I'd like for the leather to survive the experience.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

@jjoakl, I think the best part of the seat covers is that the mats have the red piping that match the red piping in the 2015. This is my 1st Subaru so unsure what your GE has inside. Sounds frivolous, but sometimes its the little things,

prerak, are those the normal LEDs or the extra bright ones from subispeed that you put in the interior and license plate?

Subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    prerak, are those the normal LEDs or the extra bright ones from subispeed that you put in the interior and license plate?
    Sorry, but what do you mean normal? If you check the link in the 1st post you'll see I got the Zone Tech from Amazon. I find them more then bright enough. This pack covered the dome, map, license, and trunk. The Zone Tech pack did not mention how many chips came on their LEDs. SubiSpeed's license plate lights do not say how many chips are on there, but I am sure someone who has them can chime in. But I will say that the license plate lights have a great cutoff, love the look.

I got the vanity lights from VLEDS. Only VLEDs mention how many chips were on each LED, which was 3. SubiSpeed's vanity lights come with 6 so they are brighter. You pay $10 for 2. The VLED's are $2 each. Your choice.

Like I said, I found the ZoneTech's to be more then bright, and if you have Amazon Prime its even better.
    Last edited by prerak77; 10-02-2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo

Looks great! Those are some good shots. I have a DGM one coming myself. Premium. Have to wait two freaking months unfortunately. Sounds like everyone who buys these brand new is in for a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark1 View Post
    Looks great! Those are some good shots. I have a DGM one coming myself. Premium. Have to wait two freaking months unfortunately. Sounds like everyone who buys these brand new is in for a wait.
    Thanks man. The wait does indeed suck, and I think the worst part is depending on where you live you get a car with Summer tires in Winter. I am getting my winter tread put on this Wednesday. Had hoped to burn through the Dunlops, but no dice.

So the family and I went to the Big Apple Circus on 11/16 and parked in a garage right by the Lincoln Center. After getting out of the circus we get to the car and they tell me that they can't bring me my car cause there is another car blocking it, and the driver took the keys

Now this already sounded fishy cause, since when does a lot or garage allow drivers to take their keys? Attendant says he needs to wait for his manager to bring something to move the car blocking mine.

After a long 30-45 mins, which sucked even more cause my two little girls were tired. The car finally pulls up, we start buckling the kids in, and hear my wife ask me to come over to the passenger side. There I see that at some point in the garage they cracked and tore my passenger side rocker panel.

So after a heated "discussion" with the manager I call the cops cause the manager wouldn't give me their insurance info. Before cops get there the manager is telling me they can give me cash, "no thanks". Then about 5 mins before NYPD gets there, he gives me their damage claim report.

The report takes all the pertinent info, and says you can take it to the garages body shop, or get me own 3 estimates, and then submit them to them. Cops finally get there, and pretty much back up what he said. Somehow garages don't have to provide you their insurance, but do have to provide you with this form. Even though in the beginning the manager did not offer the form up. So the nest Monday, I go get 3 estimates and then email them over to the garage. The lowest was $600.19, the OEM rocker panel alone costs $252.35

About a week goes by and nothing, and I follow up about twice. So I get another email on 11/25 saying that their claims rep will reach out shortly. An hour later the manager calls me and says that the estimates are two high, and to bring it to their body shop I tell him there is no way that is happening. He then offers me $200, again more arguing and he gets to $400, $500. At this point I am resigned that we are headed to small claims court,and tell them as much unless I get the full $600. He pretty much hangs up, and says they will send me the release letter but doesn't say how much they will be paying. I then immediately email the company again to complain.

About 2 hours later I get an email with the letter of release, and the offer to pay the full $600.

For those wondering, this garage did not have a sign about parking at your own risk, or not responsible for damage. But even if they did, this is what I have found about those waivers of liability when parking in a public garage.

" In a simplification of some major technical terms, the courts deem parking garages to be professional bailers, one whose fundamental purpose is to take temporary possession of and car for other people’s cars. And the courts have made it clear that these parking garages cannot waive their duties and absolve themselves of liability for performing their fundamental purpose in a way that causes damage to vehicles. In these states, these waivers or disclaimers have no legal effect. "

Also in regards to the damage, I think the tried to reverse the car onto one of the lifts and the attendant hit it there. The passenger-side mirror was also moved all the way down.

See this site for some more info-
    NYC Parking | NYC Parking Garage Damage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX Damage Enterprise Garage 60th St.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	175778

Holy crap. On a brand new car? I would have come UNGLUED. Nothing in this world pisses me off more than someone trying to absolve themselves of responsibility. Good to hear it is going to work out at least.

North Jersey, me too, where at if you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark1 View Post
    Holy crap. On a brand new car? I would have come UNGLUED. Nothing in this world pisses me off more than someone trying to absolve themselves of responsibility. Good to hear it is going to work out at least.
    Yeah, that was the worst part of it. I only have 1600 miles on the car having got it in August. Oh well, at least it wasn't a body panel.

Quote Originally Posted by farinuh View Post
    North Jersey, me too, where at if you don't mind?
    Maplewood, which I guess isn't really that north, but then again not that central or west, so I picked north. Maybe I'll just put in the city,

Quote Originally Posted by prerak77 View Post
    Maplewood, which I guess isn't really that north, but then again not that central or west, so I picked north. Maybe I'll just put in the city,

oh thats near Millburn I believe... Have a few friends from there, about an hour from me (Hackettstown)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.