Cobb accessport for 2015 wrx issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb accessport for 2015 wrx issues within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2015 wrx with about 7,000 km on it. I got the cobb accessport over a week ago ...

Cobb accessport for 2015 wrx issues

I have a 2015 wrx with about 7,000 km on it. I got the cobb accessport over a week ago and reflashed to stage 1. I've had nothing but issues.. I've tried various maps, including the high waste gate map as I'm at 3400 feet above sea level. It might be slightly faster on the top end, but for sure it's missing the low mid range POW factor that the stock map has. My butt dyno says the stock map is better than the cobb stage 1 and data logs show that the stock map produces more boost in the low and mid range. Anyone else have a 2015 wrx and tried the cobb stage 1

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobieguy70 View Post
    I have a 2015 wrx with about 7,000 km on it. I got the cobb accessport over a week ago and reflashed to stage 1. I've had nothing but issues.. I've tried various maps, including the high waste gate map as I'm at 3400 feet above sea level. It might be slightly faster on the top end, but for sure it's missing the low mid range POW factor that the stock map has. My butt dyno says the stock map is better than the cobb stage 1 and data logs show that the stock map produces more boost in the low and mid range. Anyone else have a 2015 wrx and tried the cobb stage 1

Thanks
    How many miles have you driven since the flash?
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I was thinking perhaps the ECU needed 50 miles or so to "learn" the flash. It should have by now... Strange, the few other reports of folks that have flashed have said good things about it? Keep us posted.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

This is my fourth wrx. On all previous generations I have used cobb and it was great. This is the first time I've been extremely disappointed with their product. How do you post a pic on your profile here?

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried contacting Cobb directly?

I've contacted cobb many times and support has told me to run data logs, which I sent to them. They provided a HWG map, but still missing low and mid range punch that the stock map has. I am likely just going to return the accessport

I Support ClubWRX
    Just because you feel like you are missing the low and mid range "punch" doesn't necessary mean there's an issue. I don't have a 15 so I don't have experience with what the tune should act or feel like but it may be the way Cobb designed the tune for the 15. I'll let someone with 1st hand experience shim in on this one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you sure it's not just the linear throttle response? My car isn't losing any low end power with the stage 1 map according to my butt dyno.

I have a 2015 wrx also, flashed stage 1 v105 93 oct and dropped .4 seconds off my 1/4 mile time and gained 4mph trap speed over the factory tune. It doesnt have the boost explosion down low anymore it comes on more linear but it IS FASTER. Faster off the line, faster midrange, faster up in 4th and 5th gears. Its just how the throttle mapping was changed to make 100% throttle actually 100% instead of 35% throttle 100%. Im currently running my car on the stage 1 V108 91 oct map using 93 octane fuel, before on the 93 oct map i was getting consistant -1.41 feedback knock and knock corrections. On the 91 oct map im getting zero knock and still running a 13.5 second 1/4 mile at 105.5 mph. Stock i was running 13.9 sec @100.9ish.

perhaps its the buttdyno confusing the map change from nonlinear to linear throttle change?
    after I went stage 1, it feels as if the car is going slower but in reality the car actually didn't lose any speed.

Scoobyguy,
    Try this; flash stage 0 factory map and do 3 0-60 pulls and 3 1/4 mile pulls. Average your times and write them down.
    Then; flash the stage 1 v108 93 or 91 map and do the same thing. I guarantee your times will be quicker. Mine were by quite a lot.

Scoobyguy,
    Just wondering if you ever resolved your Cobb AP problems? I am considering one but am trying to learn more about them first. Hope you get your problems worked out soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.