This is a discussion on My 2015 WRB Limited! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Willbo Ya, I commute 70 miles round trip just for work. My miles for work vary. 30+ ...
Today I put a splice in and made my fog lights act as the DRLs and deactivated the stock DRL. Fogs still work as normal (although only way to actually turn them off is to have the e-brake activated). High beams work as normal as well. I've always liked the look of fogs on without the headlights. Now I have that!
Next, let's find out how to make these c-lights MUCH brighter!!
At the dealer. Popped a CEL last night. Checked gas cap and light still on. Car seems to be running fine. 2700 miles.
Update: Code P2610. There is a fix out for this issue. So far so good.
Last edited by Willbo; 09-05-2014 at 08:18 AM.
That sucks. Keep us updated.
Everything is fine now. Been driving all day with no problems.
Few from my trip down to the Tail of the Dragon and NC/TN/GA.
way over due update!
I picked my car up 7/21/14 and, as of today (3/13/15), I have 15,000 miles on the car. Everything has been awesome. I still love this car as much as the day I picked her up.
Mods so far:
- full LED interior upgrade. All purchased from Subispeed.
- LED fog lights.
- LED reverse lights.
- LED high beams.
- Reverse light overlays from Subispeed.
- Break lights as turn signal harness from Subispeed. I really like the look of this.
- Disabled the DRLs and rewired the fogs to be the DRLs.
- FINALLY getting windows tinted in a couple weeks. (Been waiting for warmer weather).
- Just ordered 3M 1080 gloss vinyl and will attempt to wrap the roof myself. Shop wanted about $700 to do it. I got an 8ft x 5ft sheet for $100 shipped. The savings is worth the effort to try it on my own. That size will give me plenty of extra in case I want to use it with something else.
- De-badged left side of trunk. Left just the WRX Badge on. May take that off in the future, but leaving on for now.
Future mods that I want to do:
- Axle back or cat back exhaust
- 18" Rims and tires
- Perrin shift stop
- JDM front grill
- Front lip spoiler
Last edited by Willbo; 03-14-2015 at 06:10 AM.
fantastic pictures and great list of what has been done and the future for the car!
keep it up!
Good job, man. That's a ton of miles for as long as you've had the car, you must really love to drive, haha.
Thanks Guys! Just added one other thing I forgot to mention. I de-badged left side of the trunk.
I just bought the same car 4 days ago. I am in love with the car. It is my first manual though and I'm struggling lol.