Hi , new 2015 owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Hi , new 2015 owner within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a 1993 Legacy for several years . Perfectly fine car but mundane and boring in every way . Traded ...

  1. #1
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Hi , new 2015 owner

    Had a 1993 Legacy for several years . Perfectly fine car but mundane and boring in every way .
    Traded it for a faster and more fun 2002 Mazda Millenia S . Drove it for 7 years .
    Traded that gal from Hiroshima in for this one from Gundam .


  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Sorry ,

    Base model , fun code .

    It is fun .

  4. #3
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,944
    Welcome to the club!

    I can't wait until my 2015 WRX comes in!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    16
    I have the same and about to upgrade to the subispeed xenon fogs but man congrats on the new purchase and as I am enjoy her for what it is (great car!)

    I also got mine is silver, I think it exposes the lines of the car nicely.Keep us posted on any possible future projects and congrats again

  6. #5
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the well wishes .

    My WRX is currently in the shop about to get it's first upgrade . A new ECU and ECM .

    The car has had a weird cold starting problem ; the tech calls it an extended cranking problem . This has been an issue since day one . No problem when I test drove the car . I had an appointment and it was obviously warmed up prior to my arrival .

    Anyway the steering and overall handling are outstanding and I like the car . Hopefully the brain transplant cures it's current woes . Also I have had an issue with the fuel door not opening . Apparently this is a known issue and Subaru has a fix for it . Just waiting on the parts to come in .

    Enough with the gloom , how about another pretty picture .



    or two


  7. #6
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,944
    Damn gloom!

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    16
    Ahahhh badass man, again great color. Did the dealer say if the engine movement problem is a common cause? I have the same while its warming up but I've also read that its a boxer thing. Im also in the process of waiting for my dealer to receive the gas door mechanism, I'll ask them about the engine movement to see what they think might be.

  9. #8
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,922
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats,no surprise about some issues on a brand new model.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  10. #9
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Congrats,no surprise about some issues on a brand new model.
    Yep , it can be sketchy buying a first year anything .

    Perhaps Subaru should have launched the 2015's in August instead of April .

  11. #10
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmaximuss View Post
    Ahahhh badass man, again great color. Did the dealer say if the engine movement problem is a common cause? I have the same while its warming up but I've also read that its a boxer thing. Im also in the process of waiting for my dealer to receive the gas door mechanism, I'll ask them about the engine movement to see what they think might be.
    I've noticed the engine movement on mine as well but it doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me .

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Hey I have the same model/color, with tint and roofrack, nameless exhaust ordered... If you're interested in seeing pictures here's my thread. My 2015 WRX I also have a problem with the gas cap not opening when pulling the release lever... Have you figured out a temporary fix? I have these little rubber stoppers that you stick to furniture or whatever, about the size of the head of a tack... I tried sticking this inside the under the gas door so that when you pull the lever there is already a little pressure trying to push the gas door out.. This works, but it's a little too thick so sometimes my gas door pops open, so I decided to take it off.. I'm thinking about supergluing a little spring in there or something, it's a real pain.. I have not had any cold starting problems however.

  13. #12
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXinSC42 View Post
    Hey I have the same model/color, with tint and roofrack, nameless exhaust ordered... If you're interested in seeing pictures here's my thread. My 2015 WRX I also have a problem with the gas cap not opening when pulling the release lever... Have you figured out a temporary fix? I have these little rubber stoppers that you stick to furniture or whatever, about the size of the head of a tack... I tried sticking this inside the under the gas door so that when you pull the lever there is already a little pressure trying to push the gas door out.. This works, but it's a little too thick so sometimes my gas door pops open, so I decided to take it off.. I'm thinking about supergluing a little spring in there or something, it's a real pain.. I have not had any cold starting problems however.
    Hi WRXinSC
    I'm in Charleston SC and bought mine from Crews Subaru .
    My solution for the fuel door was to use my library card . Anything thin to where you can get it around the latch mechanism and then pull the release . When you hear the card hit the ground success
    I searched this forum and others and did not see anyone experiencing my extended cranking problem and the dealer said it was not flashing a code . They suspected a software issue and said they had no fix for it . Now I suspect they are replacing the ECM and ECU because they are not sure what else to do . As it stands now my WRX will probably be in the shop for at least 10 more days because all the necessary parts are on back order . My loaner 2015 Forester is somewhat boring in comparison .

  14. #13
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    I wouldn't exactly call it a pretty car but it has a certain something .



    All pics were taken day 1 .

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by WPuckhaber View Post
    Hi WRXinSC
    I'm in Charleston SC and bought mine from Crews Subaru .
    My solution for the fuel door was to use my library card . Anything thin to where you can get it around the latch mechanism and then pull the release . When you hear the card hit the ground success
    I searched this forum and others and did not see anyone experiencing my extended cranking problem and the dealer said it was not flashing a code . They suspected a software issue and said they had no fix for it . Now I suspect they are replacing the ECM and ECU because they are not sure what else to do . As it stands now my WRX will probably be in the shop for at least 10 more days because all the necessary parts are on back order . My loaner 2015 Forester is somewhat boring in comparison .
    Haha small world, I'm in Goose Creek and I also bought mine from Crews on rivers ave... Very strange how both silver wrx's from the same dealership have the same fuel door issue. I haven't contacted them about the issue, and after hearing you, I don't think I want to fork over my car for 10 days. Definitely let me know the fix when you get your car back, I'm interested to hear.. When I looked at their website prior to going to the dealership, they had 2 silver 15 wrx's listed, however there was only 1 when I went, you must have snagged the other one right before I got there!

  16. #15
    Registered User WPuckhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8
    Call Crews and tell them you have the fuel door issue . No need to hand it over to them . The tech said the parts for the fuel door would take 3 weeks to get here . You might as well get the ball rolling .
    I bought mine June 19 and there was a silver limited there , probably your's . Mine is a base model .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •