hey just bought a 2013 STI, just want some advice about upgrading.

This is a discussion on hey just bought a 2013 STI, just want some advice about upgrading. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So even stock these cars are awesome, i just want to start building it up one step at a time. ...

hey just bought a 2013 STI, just want some advice about upgrading.

So even stock these cars are awesome, i just want to start building it up one step at a time. Any one have any suggestions on where to start?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd drive the car for a while and see what you want to improve on based on your intended use for the car. Take a read through this too ---> First Modifications - what to do and not to do

In addition to the mods listed, some non-engine performance mods to consider would be a short throw shifter (if you don't have it already), and all the shifter bushings (front/rear stay, pivot, linkage). There are also many other bushings available and these are probably your most bang for buck mods (in my opinion) that you will notice every time you get in your car, no matter how fast you are driving (for example, steering rack bushings, rear diff bushings, pitch stop mount, etc).

If you are into autox or just spirited driving (lots of corners), then the handling mods might be a good idea more you. Even though the STi is very good at handling stock, there are some easy things you can do to improve further. New stickier tires, custom alignment make a huge difference (max out negative camber and zero toe). If you need to stiffen it up, struts/springs can help you out (and give you a little lower ride), coil overs if you are into off road "racing" and want the adjustability (these can be quite harsh for road driving - depending on what you get of course), or swaybars/endlinks.

If you are in a cold weather environment, winter tires are a must.

Best advice would be to drive the car as much as possible and find the areas that are weak in your opinion, then research, ask questions, research, and ask some more questions. Best thing to do is learn as much as possible before throwing mods on just for the sake of doing it.

Good luck, and Welcome

Welcome to Clubwrx! Post some pics up of your new STi!!! Is it a hatch or a sedan? You really cant go wrong with any bushings/short throw shifters/suspension components are always money well spent! But get used to your car, how it drives, and all of that good stuff. If you are thinking about going with power upgrades first I always recommend a stage 2 set-up. Good step in power for the price and still reliable and safe! Read up on that link 11blackSTi posted. Should tell you everything you need to know!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Thanks guys i appreciate the input. one thing i have noticed in the car was slow spool up in the bottom end, is that normal for stock set up?