Newly purchased 2014 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

This is a discussion on Newly purchased 2014 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! So after the decision to trade in my Matrix to get my dream car, I've finally made the ...

Newly purchased 2014 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

Hello everyone! So after the decision to trade in my Matrix to get my dream car, I've finally made the purchase and brought her home.

When I got her a few days ago, she had 90 miles on her, I put 18 on after purchasing her. Later that day she had to go back to the dealer for a new clutch. Not quite sure how it went out so quickly, but she's got a brand new one. So we will see how this one does.

Her name is Serenity. First up on the list is a rear bumper cover, crossbars, and tint once tax money arrives.

The only picture of the two cars together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

What did the dealership say about the clutch? That is pretty insane to need a new one after 100 miles.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

^^ They told me I "abused" it. I stalled twice, but other then that no issues in the 18 miles I drove, who know how it was driven the 90 miles before I actually got it. They replaced it for free this time, and had a worker from Toyota "Show" me how to drive it so I don't burn it up again. Tho I know how to drive a manual, I learned how to drive a car in one, because I couldn't drive my parents car or get my license till I knew how. Granted it was a '92 mr2 spyder, the clutches now are not as tough I don't think as the older ones.

Congrats!

Glad that the dealer replaced the clutch, really seems like a defect to blow out a clutch so fast.
    You might want to wait a few thousand miles before any power mods to make sure that the car is working as expected.

thats a crap answer from them. was probably beaten on in the 90 miles of test drives before you got it.

Congrats on the car, looks great. You are not the first person that has had the clutch on a brand new car go out on them... Its some kind of a defect, I have a friend that had that happen to him after a few hundred miles and was Subaru replaced it everything worked fine.
    Stage 2 2012 OBP Subaru WRX

Ha...abuse??? That's a load of horse****...if they really thought it was abuse, they wouldn't have replaced it for free. Its no surprise that there have been a lot of replaced clutches under warranty as good faith early on in their lives and I wonder when Subaru will own up to it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Car looks great .... You should have some snow in the photo. :-).

Haha if only it snowed here! Most of my pictures will be mud. In the south we don't get seasons lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow clutch went that soon?!?!! Sounds like it was launched a bunch before sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ha...abuse??? That's a load of horse****...if they really thought it was abuse, they wouldn't have replaced it for free. Its no surprise that there have been a lot of replaced clutches under warranty as good faith early on in their lives and I wonder when Subaru will own up to it.
    This is true. Mine certainly went early, though not after only 100 miles early lol
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    This was you pulling out of the lot...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome OP. She looks great.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    This was you pulling out of the lot...

Hahahaha wow! Talk about popping a tranny/clutch.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying