Jons 2004 WRX Chargespeed widebody. Warning: JDM content. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jons 2004 WRX Chargespeed widebody. Warning: JDM content. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ricktalife Overall, it's a little much for my taste. However.. the paint job and wheels look flawless. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    Overall, it's a little much for my taste.

However.. the paint job and wheels look flawless. Also gotta love a Borla exhaust. Very nice choices.
    Thank you! Speaking of wheels, I need to get up to the garage to do some measurements. Because I am 5x100 I am in a bit of a jam. ISC makes a lovely adapter to go from 5x100 to 5x114.3, but it's going to adjust my offset by 15mm. Not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but these new wheels will be poking out 1.7" past where I am now. I'm having a hard time battling my ego to go with a stretched tire but I think it may be necessary. Not extremely stretched, but maybe stay with a 275 on the 10.5. I wanted to run a 305 or a 295. I figure if I go with the 275 I will have to run a little less camber (I'm not a huge fan of a lot of camber). Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Side note: Started my girlfriends car up yesterday for the first time. It has a one piece 3" catless turboback with a magnaflow muffler and sounds absolutely ridiculous, I'm a bit jealous. That car can have a thread all in its own, quite the story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love it! seeing that down the road would scare me and make me cower away, but it does look really good. well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Yobfriend View Post
    I love it! seeing that down the road would scare me and make me cower away, but it does look really good. well done!
    Hahaha thank you! I've always tried to make it have an aggressive presence on the road. It's ironic actually, I usually put along pretty nonchalantly unless provoked.

MTM
    i love it. black and red.... so dooope. Imma have a black and red combo hopefully.

The body makes my inner child happy, but I would have a hard time doing that to my own car XD. The colors are fierce, and I would be very happy to see something like that on the road, if not for it's sheer presence.

Performance wise, I would be happy to see you kick anybody's bum but mine ;P.

Hahaha thank you guys for the kind words!! I should be putting her back on the road in a week or two, just picked up a bulldog puppy and he set me back a little bit both financially and time-wise.
    2004 WRX
    Rosso Corsa Red
    Chargespeed widebody
    Version 7 JDM conversion
    ATP 3076R 365/300 @ 25psi 93 pump (stock longblock)

dude. this is gorgeous

Great build, looks clean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!!! No new pics at this time. I have some ISC 5x100 to 5x114.3 adapters and some Redline tuning hood dampers to install.
    2004 WRX
    Rosso Corsa Red
    Chargespeed widebody
    Version 7 JDM conversion

What about the puppy? You have to upload pictures of him! Bulldogs are great, please tell me you named him pork chop! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    What about the puppy? You have to upload pictures of him! Bulldogs are great, please tell me you named him pork chop! Lol

I will upload some pictures of him tomorrow! Being that it's the last day of the month here at Subaru and I'm three cars from my goal I am absolutely overwhelmed hahaha I will be back in order tomorrow! He's a handful, he's absolutely awesome. His name is Toretto!
    2004 WRX
    Rosso Corsa Red
    Chargespeed widebody
    Version 7 JDM conversion

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post

I will upload some pictures of him tomorrow! Being that it's the last day of the month here at Subaru and I'm three cars from my goal I am absolutely overwhelmed hahaha I will be back in order tomorrow! He's a handful, he's absolutely awesome. His name is Toretto!
    2004 WRX
    Rosso Corsa Red
    Chargespeed widebody
    Version 7 JDM conversion

He ain't never narc on nobody! Lol

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellajdmjon View Post
    Update: Dyno pull video at the bottom of post two.

Afterthought: A lot of people ask me what my thoughts are on the 207. I see threads all the time arguing between building a 205, dropping in a 207 or going with the 257 and this is where I stand on the subject.

The 205 is a very reliable motor. I love them, I've put 200k on two of them so far and they have never EVER let me down. With that being said they are extremely limited, especially in the realm of the heads when we are talking about the value of a built motor. Too many people get hung up on a rotating assembly and forget that the motor is still only going to breath so well.

I do not enjoy the 257 at all. I have spent the least amount of time with this engine, but most of that is by choice. It seems unrefined to me, but I can appreciate its potential for producing torque. We won't touch on the 'blowing pistons out the top of the block' subject. Faster spool is a beautiful thing, but at "high" rpms it feels like a rattlebox to me. You really have to drive a 207 to understand what I'm saying, which brings me to the next part...

The 207 is flawless. The heads flow great from the factory, the internals can handle a TON of power, and at 8,500 rpms it feels like it isn't even struggling. I will gladly sacrifice 1,000 rpms of spool to harness that type of power up top. The 3076 is a big of a pig on the streets when you're down low so it takes a different driving style but once you get used to it, you really learn how to use the close ratio six speed to your advantage.

TLDR: I like the 207 a lot.
    I agree, however, a few statements:

EJ205 heads have the most potential for flow if ported correctly. However, as you've mentioned, it is expensive.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Without further ado:

2004 WRX
    Rosso Corsa Red
    Chargespeed widebody
    Version 7 JDM conversion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.