Jons 2004 WRX Chargespeed widebody. Warning: JDM content. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jons 2004 WRX Chargespeed widebody. Warning: JDM content. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im loving the look, its not something you see everyday....

Im loving the look, its not something you see everyday.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dig it! 👍
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I like the look of it - great job - wish I had the time/money/expertise to make something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    Im loving the look, its not something you see everyday.
    The look is something you see everyday in Singapore I must have seen 5-10 subarus/ day with kits on when I was there recently

Thanks everyone! I just updated the front page with some additional photos (including some dump truck carnage!).

I'm down to go to Singapore. I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I live in Upstate NY.

As far as money goes, although I work myself to death and make a decent living I wouldn't have been able to put this together if I had to pay someone to do it. Connections with sponsors (especially JNA...) have really helped out. I originally bought this car for four grand. I have a ton into it at this point, but up until just before I started going with the JDM swap I had less than $10k into the car. I had a feeling that this was a diamond in the rough, it just needed some polishing. Still polishing, I'll let you know when I'm done hahaha.

nice!!

id lose the wing, we're it my decision to make, but it's not so enjoy the hell out of it!

Welcome! I see your car at Goldstein all the time, personally I like it and being a huge Ferrari fan the color, e' bello!

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    Welcome! I see your car at Goldstein all the time, personally I like it and being a huge Ferrari fan the color, e' bello!
    I'm an internet sales manager and my fathers been a tech here since before I was born, if you ever need anything at all just let me know!

It always helps to see this car in person too, pictures don't give it the right justice.

I really like this. Good work man. Very nice thread

Sent from HTC One via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3ww View Post
    I really like this. Good work man. Very nice thread

Sent from HTC One via Tapatalk
    Thank you! I'm in the process of coming up with some more photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellajdmjon View Post
    I'm an internet sales manager and my fathers been a tech here since before I was born, if you ever need anything at all just let me know!

It always helps to see this car in person too, pictures don't give it the right justice.
    Thanks! I bought my '13 WRX there and was in last week for an oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    Thanks! I bought my '13 WRX there and was in last week for an oil change.
    I spoke with you on Unysoc a while back! I forget who your sales person was but I remember that well. I hope you're enjoying your 13!

Update: Dyno pull video at the bottom of post two.

Afterthought: A lot of people ask me what my thoughts are on the 207. I see threads all the time arguing between building a 205, dropping in a 207 or going with the 257 and this is where I stand on the subject.

The 205 is a very reliable motor. I love them, I've put 200k on two of them so far and they have never EVER let me down. With that being said they are extremely limited, especially in the realm of the heads when we are talking about the value of a built motor. Too many people get hung up on a rotating assembly and forget that the motor is still only going to breath so well.

I do not enjoy the 257 at all. I have spent the least amount of time with this engine, but most of that is by choice. It seems unrefined to me, but I can appreciate its potential for producing torque. We won't touch on the 'blowing pistons out the top of the block' subject. Faster spool is a beautiful thing, but at "high" rpms it feels like a rattlebox to me. You really have to drive a 207 to understand what I'm saying, which brings me to the next part...

The 207 is flawless. The heads flow great from the factory, the internals can handle a TON of power, and at 8,500 rpms it feels like it isn't even struggling. I will gladly sacrifice 1,000 rpms of spool to harness that type of power up top. The 3076 is a big of a pig on the streets when you're down low so it takes a different driving style but once you get used to it, you really learn how to use the close ratio six speed to your advantage.

TLDR: I like the 207 a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellajdmjon View Post
    I spoke with you on Unysoc a while back! I forget who your sales person was but I remember that well. I hope you're enjoying your 13!
    Good memory, that was me. Dan Marcy sold me and my buddy our WRX's, too bad he moved he was a good guy. Love the car I'll look for you next time I'm in.

Overall, it's a little much for my taste.

However.. the paint job and wheels look flawless. Also gotta love a Borla exhaust. Very nice choices.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.