Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 2009 WRX

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  nsibanez 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought it back in April. I have done some minor things to it since I got it. Let me know what you guys think and what everyone's opinions are. Here's some pictures from when I first got it to current day looks.

Yes it had red wheels when I picked it up at the dealer.

And then all the changes starting to happen...

painted the wrx badge red to match the wheels.
then I ordered the cobb shift knob. To me it feels better in your hand then the factory knob.
then the red wheels had to go. Good bye red hello black!
in my opinion it looks a lot better

the following weekend I painted my tail lights! No more clear lights!
I decided to remove the wrx badge from the front grill.

This is how it currently sits now. Also in the mix I installed the invidia n1 race cat back.

future plans would be stage 2 and some exterior upgrades. Front lip is a definite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
I took and washed the wheels up with some mean green and water, then took some fine sand paper and just scuffed up the existing paint. Then took some paint thinner and wiper the wheels down completely with it and then went to town spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
Well haven't posted in a while and have made some process! Switched jobs along the way. Came from a Nissan dealer to a Subaru dealer closer to home.
Since my last post I decided to try what every one said about, switching the bulbs in the low beams. H11 to h9 bulbs. The drivers side is the new h9 and passenger still factory h11. Not a whole lot brighter but it helped out!

Next change that happened, since I work at a dealer now I get some awesome prices! I always wanted fog lights so I got them! Easy install and helped make the car look better in my opinion. With more light on the road now I don't really have to use the high beams as before I was always switching back and forth because it was harder to see at night.

Next mod was led swap in the plate lights. Here is another stock vs upgrade picture. They are bright! I haven't had the opportunity to see what it looks like at night behind my car driving but I haven't had any complaints.

Here is a picture of the lights the night I put them in. Not too bad and I think it looks better than those dull yellow bulbs

Also along the way I have installed kartboy's short shifter with upgraded bushings. Install was very easy since I did it after work on my lift. The difference it made was very nice and now since I had it a while it feels clean and how the car should have came. Also with me now working at Subaru I've purchased the factory upgrade option, group n tranny mounts. I installed both at the same time! What a difference in just the lower mount it self! I couldn't even flex the new one, and my old one I could flex it with 2 fingers! Very nice mod! Hell of a deal too since I got a discount! Would do it all over again! Install was easy as well. Pitch stop mount very simple, bolt and nut and another bolt. How much simpler could it be! Lower mount kinda similar. Couple bolts and it's swapped out.

#8 ·
I have also installed the "universal" rally armor mud flaps. Trying to figure the mount locations and making sure it is very even was the hard thing. I had my grand father helping me. I believe with a lunch break it took about 3 hours to get them figured out and make them all even.

As you can see in the picture I also had the muffler taken out of the rear pipe. So currently it's factory down pipe with invidia cat back piping but no rear muffler, only the resonator in the mid pipe. It is a little quieter actually without the big can style muffler but I think it looks alittle cleaner with a smaller tip. Then people don't expect it!
And my last picture for everyone is just a shot I took the one Saturday the wife was working. I decided to go out for the little cruise around town to get some fresh air and see what's new! Let me know everyone's feed back!

#9 ·
Awesome work!
Question on the tranny mounts...Do you need a transmission jack or..wooden block to support or does it not flex as much when you swap them out? Just wondering if I need to do this at my work or if I can pull it off at home

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I did it at home. all I did was obviously jacked up the vehicle and then used the floor jack with a piece of wood on it and just jacked it up to where it just started putting pressure on the trans. And I didn't need to remove the cross member. I got the 17mm bolts out of the front, the 4 14mms from the mount and I believe I loosened the 14mm on the drivers side on the rear part of the cross member so that I could just pull down enough to slide the old mount out and out the new one in. I did have a little bit of a struggle getting stuff to line up with the new mount but if you just have all the bolts loose and finger tighten everything to get it all put on and then tighten everything down you should be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.