Show off your tool arsenal

This is a discussion on Show off your tool arsenal within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I figured it is hard to build anything without some sort of tools. For me personally, I enjoy looking at ...

Show off your tool arsenal

I figured it is hard to build anything without some sort of tools. For me personally, I enjoy looking at a nicely organized tool box almost as much as I enjoy looking at somebody's car. Its interesting to me to see what people use to pull off some of the mods they do, it also gives me an idea of what else might come in handy for me.

So post some pictures of what you use whether its nice, ugly, organized, or a mess. Some people manage to pull off some amazing things with minimal amounts of tools.

Snap on KRL-7022

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    How long have you been collecting those?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    How long have you been collecting those?
    About 2 years... I had a crap load of craftsman stuff for the longest time but craftsman started making everything China. When I had a Craftsman socket explode and cut my hand when I was torqueing up a pitman arm on a 3/4 ton truck (no cheater pipe or anything) I Knew it was time to start phasing out the Craftsman.

For the most part I have been wrenching on dirt bikes for friends, I have been able to bring in enough side cash to pay for my tool addiction.

no more contributions?

My cart.... need to upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	116311
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    My cart.... need to upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	116311
    I had that exact tool cart in red right before upgrading to my current box. I paid $800 for it from one snap on truck, then traded it in toward my current box on a different snap on truck. He ended up giving me $1000 for it so I made out pretty good.

Its a damn good cart, tons of space for a cart.

Ya i think they are like 1300 retail. picked mine up for 700 new. They do have some good space for a cart. I was a GS'er for a Chevrolet dealer and grabbed this one because it was a deal. Im in college now so it sits in the garage unused
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    We had a thread like this awhile back, and I posted my garage stuff there. Let me see if I can find it.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

My tool is NSFW.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ not safe for CretinFest, either. Especially when whales v$%$#a's are involved.

My hand tool collection has grown fairly extensive, small welder, compressor, angle grinder, a billion screwdrivers, etc. But it's not a pic-worthy group. I don't really have a need for my tools to all match or anything. That said, I need to get my garage organized. One of my goals for when the kids are gone is to set up a killer garage, and get the ugly toolset out of sight.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    ^^ not safe for CretinFest, either. Especially when whales v$%$#a's are involved.

True story.

I do have a nice Viper chest that I got for Christmas last year. Holds everything I have and need right now at my parents house where I do most of my work on my car or for any project. I have an assortment of Husky, Craftsman, Kobalt, Pittsburgh (Harbor Frieght) and other miscellaneous tools. I don't have a need for anything big or expensive myself. I'm a home wrencher and don't make money on the side...all the tools I buy have lifetime warranties, so that's what matters to me. As much as I'm all for American made products, I just cannot fathom spending $200 on a set of Snap On wrenches.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I win.

^that's basically what I used to work on my old Integra with

I did install a full navigation head unit into my first STI with nothing more than a Swiss Army Knife...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I win.
    Nice! Great set. I like the finish on the floor too. Did you apply it? Has it been durable? Mine's bare concrete. I have a needle bearing ratchet thingy too, I always forget to use it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Nice! Great set. I like the finish on the floor too. Did you apply it? Has it been durable? Mine's bare concrete. I have a needle bearing ratchet thingy too, I always forget to use it.
    I used the rustoleum garage floor epoxy kit. It was fairly easy to apply, and has held up pretty well over the last 4 years. It's thin in some spots, but that's my own fault. My floor space measured something like 10 sq ft less than the kit said it would cover, and half way through i thought i was going to run out so i went light. When i finished i had just enough.. I should have gone with my gut and bought a second kit just in case. Oh well..live and learn.