Natalya: 2013 sorta-rally-inspired WRB hatch!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Natalya: 2013 sorta-rally-inspired WRB hatch! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello 'errbody, Just wanted to make this thread to track my own progress through my build and have something to ...

Natalya: 2013 sorta-rally-inspired WRB hatch!

Hello 'errbody,

Just wanted to make this thread to track my own progress through my build and have something to cry at once I realize how much money I will have dumped into this car. Right now I am mostly stock, so just a couple of simple pictures to show where I started for now. Ultimate goal is nothing too crazy, just an all-purpose fun/utility car with some rally inspiration and a moderate bump in power.

Current: 2013 WRX Base WRB

1. STi STS/STi 5 spd shift knob
    2. Rally Armor Mud Flaps (black w/red lettering)

Future:

1. Nameless Performance catback exhaust - Ordered 10/8/13
    2. Kartboy STS
    3. WC Lathe Werks custom knob
    4. Bayson R V-Limited style front lip
    5. COBB or Whiteline front/rear sways
    6. Cusco Front strut bar
    7. Gorilla Light bar w/ 2 PIAA lights
    8. Hella Horns
    9. Roof rack for me and my girl's mountain bikes

After I decide warranties are for losers:

1. COBB SF intake/air box
    2. Nameless catted downpipe
    3. Open Source tune to Stage 2 (or COBB AP OTS Stage 2)

Unless I get further bit by the power bug, I think Stage 2 should cover what I want out of my daily. From there, who knows. This will be a slow build, as I'm also putting money away for a down payment on a house. On to the very modest pics!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rally Armor 2.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	116043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rally Armor 1.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	116044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALL FOURS.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	116045
    Last edited by Zitro; 10-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I like how the lettering on the mud flaps matches the red reflectors low on the rear bumper.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Very nice ride! I picked up a set of those mudflaps for winter.
    2013 Plasma Blue Pearl Impreza WRX Sedan

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    now that you've posted a pic of your mug, i totally remember you from OF/UCF meets. hai!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Looks good!

And I was gonna post in your other thread...I absolutely love the ARK exhaust. Every vid I've heard, it sounds like one of the best. I just couldn't justify that price tag though
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I like how the lettering on the mud flaps matches the red reflectors low on the rear bumper.
    Thanks! I thought the same, which I why I got the red lettering

Quote Originally Posted by UAC-2145 View Post
    Very nice ride! I picked up a set of those mudflaps for winter.
    TY!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    now that you've posted a pic of your mug, i totally remember you from OF/UCF meets. hai!
    Ohhai! I was a poor collej stoodent back then so I went to meets just to learn and admire others' cars; some cool people at those meets. Now I can participate, too! I always liked your blue Subie; not many WRX/STi's in Orlando.

And BG def owed me a ride-along in his FC, but then he moved to Cali. What a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks good!

And I was gonna post in your other thread...I absolutely love the ARK exhaust. Every vid I've heard, it sounds like one of the best. I just couldn't justify that price tag though
    Thanks! I'm having trouble justifying it, too...but unfortunately it seems not too many sub $1k CBE's for this gen that don't have a reputation for drone on the hatches. I'm going to have this car a long time (knock on wood) and want to build it right. That being said, the ARK isn't set in stone and if you have a recommendation for less money that won't drone, I'm all ears

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Nice. It looks great.

Quick question, where did you go in order to install the mudflaps? or did you install them?

Quote Originally Posted by hope2014wrx View Post
    Nice. It looks great.

Quick question, where did you go in order to install the mudflaps? or did you install them?
    Thanks! I was going to install them on my own, but my apartment is super strict about working on cars in their lots, and I work for the company that manages my community so I'd rather not tick them off lol. That and I don't have a jack or stands. So I just took it to a local shop to have them install; did it for just $40. It's a relatively easy but tedious install. There's a couple of good videos on youtube going over installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Thanks! I was going to install them on my own, but my apartment is super strict about working on cars in their lots, and I work for the company that manages my community so I'd rather not tick them off lol. That and I don't have a jack or stands. So I just took it to a local shop to have them install; did it for just $40. It's a relatively easy but tedious install. There's a couple of good videos on youtube going over installation.
    Thanks and yeah I already watched a couple of videos but still I don't know. "a local shop" is that subaru local dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by hope2014wrx View Post
    Thanks and yeah I already watched a couple of videos but still I don't know. "a local shop" is that subaru local dealership?
    Up here in WA there is a small chain that specializes in Subarus called Smart Service and since it is right next to my community I just took it there. Honestly, it's a simple job. If I had a garage and a jack/stands I would have done it myself. Maybe someone on the forum lives you by and can give you a hand?

Next step completed! Ordered my 5" muffler, 4" double-walled staggered tips with slash cut, resonated midpipe catback exhaust from Nameless today! It should take 2-3 weeks before it's ready; I can't wait

Looks great man! Bet you can't wait for that exhaust to show up. Be sure to post pics and thoughts!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Hi ! I installed them myself in my driveway, it took lest than 40 mins, i have a 02 WRX, I didnt need to raise the car nor take the wheels/tires off..... Rallyarmour has a video, and they come with very detailed instructions.... good luck

UPDATE: Just got back from La Center, WA and the Nameless Performance shop and had my catback installed, and let me tell you, the sound does not disappoint. It sounds incredible. Deep, mature, mellow while cruising, mean when you get on the throttle, and minimal cabin drone. What drone is there is easily drowned out by the radio. I have the 5" mufflers, with the 4" double wall, staggered tips. The quality of the welds are outstanding; the only thing I'm not sure on is the size of the tips. They are a bit on the large size: the mature part of me says they are too big, but my inner child says they look awesome. Overall, the sound makes me not care what the tips look like haha. Absolutely fantastic in bringing out that mean, boxer growl. On to the pics!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131028_145105_resized.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	120401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curvy road.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	120409

Got a thumbs up on my way to work from a Hawkeye STi this morning I love this exhaust more and more the more I drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast