Natalya: 2013 sorta-rally-inspired WRB hatch! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Natalya: 2013 sorta-rally-inspired WRB hatch! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looks like you and I are following kinda the same route. I have the RA mud flaps with the silver ...

Looks like you and I are following kinda the same route.

I have the RA mud flaps with the silver logo (self-install, kind of a PITA), and the Perrin CBE (3.5" slant tips) is perfect for me. Really completes the car to hear that low rumble in idle and deep growling when I take off. I'm thinking about debadging the rear, getting a nicer shift knob, adding those vinyl WRX inserts (I have some in black, but think I want to go blue now), a front grill accent (also blue) and that's about it until the warranty is up.

Anyways, congrats, looks nice!
    Not so much anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Looks like you and I are following kinda the same route.

I have the RA mud flaps with the silver logo (self-install, kind of a PITA), and the Perrin CBE (3.5" slant tips) is perfect for me. Really completes the car to hear that low rumble in idle and deep growling when I take off. I'm thinking about debadging the rear, getting a nicer shift knob, adding those vinyl WRX inserts (I have some in black, but think I want to go blue now), a front grill accent (also blue) and that's about it until the warranty is up.

Anyways, congrats, looks nice!
    Thanks! Yeah, we're mostly on the same page. From here I'm planning on just doing some aesthetic work until the warranty is up, or until I no longer care about warranty lol. Then on to stage 2! Also got another shot of the rear, and have decided I do like the larger tips. Just took me a minute since the stockers are so small, it was a big change lol.

image hosting more than 5mb
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I know what you mean, I was really worried about turning mine into a cop magnet. When I first saw my car in the lot after the install, my immediate reaction was a bit of a freak out, "I gotta take these off, way too big, this is ridiculous". I didn't think they'd stick so far out, ya know, the stock pipes are kind of hidden, and now the focus points of the car are the hood scoop and these big ole quad tips!
    Not so much anymore.

Looks like you're ready for take off!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saturn_V_Rocket_Booster.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	120674
    This is what I thought of when I saw your rear... :P

Any sound clips?

^LOL. Gotta hear that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
    Looks like you're ready for take off!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saturn_V_Rocket_Booster.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	120674
    This is what I thought of when I saw your rear... :P

Any sound clips?
    Lol. It's grown on me, and I've already gotten a few compliments on the look and especially the sound. I tried taking a sound clip, but it came out awful. I need a gopro lol.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

hehe yeah from your pictures I actually like the size of the exhaust, which surprises me. But like what the guy above said, it'd be nice if it was tucked in a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
    hehe yeah from your pictures I actually like the size of the exhaust, which surprises me. But like what the guy above said, it'd be nice if it was tucked in a little bit more.
    It's flush with the valence, which I like, but from some angles it does look like it protrudes further than the valance. It doesn't though in person. But I see what you mean. Maybe being a little bit recessed would help.

I still find it funny that a lot of 3rd gen owners get worried about being a cop magnet

The 3rd gens are aggressive compared to a Camry or an Accord, yeah. But the scoop is relatively subdued compared to the older models. The exhaust still looks pretty flush and can be stock looking as long as you don't have an N1 style...and even a lot of the exhausts these days aren't near as loud as a lot of GD exhausts.

You want a cop magnet? My 05 STI had a giant scoop sticking up off the hood, unlike the inset scoop of the 3rd gens. Giant wing on the trunk, was 3 inches off the ground, had an Invidia G200 exhaust which is the definition of a Melon shooter that could be heard a mile away...and I only got profiled by the police once in the 3 and a half years I owned it! Even then, I only got a warning for having a license plate light out
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

On the second day I had this car, a co-worker came in and asked who was driving the 'hot rod'. I said it's a station wagon!

I guess if you're used to them, they may not be aggressive looking, but these cars are rare enough that they still get a lot of attention (I get double takes on a daily basis, a dude even approached me in a grocery store parking lot yesterday), especially when they're growling and have huge shiny pipes sticking out the back.

But yea, if I had a huge spoiler and a pop-up scoop, I probably wouldn't be in one at all. Of course, my last car was a Jetta lost in a sea of plain sedans...
    Not so much anymore.

Hahaha yeah it does come down to perception. I walked out one day from work to my car, and a guy from another office in my complex said, "Nice car! Looks really fast!"

...then he proceeded to tell me that he missed his Viper and his last car, a ZR1...and he was telling me my stock WRX looked fast
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

When I had my 2007 Tiburon I had an old guy ask me at a stop light, 'What is that thing? Is it Italian?" I almost died. I couldn't fault him too much as the body was designed in part by Pininfarina, the Italian auto designer that works with Ferrari a lot, but still...it's a freaking Hyundai, brah!

It was slow as hell but the 07-08 Tibs were definitely lookers; I got a lot of compliments on the car and the girls liked it Now people say, "...but why a hatchback?" -_-

Yeah they didn't look too bad. I had entertained the idea of one back in the day, but didn't follow through.

I once had a guy ask me about my 05 STI..."Wow, really nice car! What platform is that? A Honda?"...obviously thinking I added the spoiler and scoop on to a Honda...

Another example of perception; when I first got the WRX, I picked up a friend and he said, "oh damn, you might want to think about seat covers, those red WRXs on the top of seats are going to attract attention".

The first impression shock of "omg this is a racecar!" really throws people off.
    Not so much anymore.

Just came back from Vancouver; what a beautiful city. I officially love Canada and will no longer make fun of them lol. Anyways, this little mountain-side road is right by my house and full of twisties. Just found it today

free screen capture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast