No More WRX :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on No More WRX :( within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Still love Supras...I'd love to have one some day. Keep us updated on the build!...

Still love Supras...I'd love to have one some day. Keep us updated on the build!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow I love Supras !

I would love to get one. How is it holding up for you? Are you pleased with it ? What about maintaining it $ ?

Would love to see a build thread also ! Did I mention I love Supras ?

^It's actually holding up great. You just have to do regular maintenance and you may have to change the rear tires more often depending on your power levels. Maintenance really depends on the car though. Parts like hoses and such get old so they have to get replaced but it's just regular oil changes. I don't have to worry about beating on the engine or even increasing the power a little because it's such a reliable engine. The previous owners really took care of my car. I have a binder with service receipts dating back to the early 90's and the receipt when the first owner bought it brand new.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Nice Supra! I still can't believe how much they are still going for, anywhere from 25-100k dollars for an almost 20 year old car! How many miles do you have on her?
    Yep, they are coming out with a new one... next year I think it is? Maybe 2016. Either way the pics I've seen of it look really good, but you know how that goes.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

oh, and congrats man. Hold on to that one and you'll see big money years down the road.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

This design of the Supra and the last design of the RX-7 are the two best looking cars of the last 20 years I would argue.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    I don't have to worry about beating on the engine or even increasing the power a little because it's such a reliable engine.
    Famous last words. I don't care how reliable the car was or how high the power ceiling is on a Supra, the car is nearly 20 years old... **** wears.

It's a gutsy move, no doubt. Hopefully you bought it outright and didn't deal with financing, I'd hate to see you that far in the hole when something goes wrong.

On a personal note, I don't really understand the obsession with Supras... anyone mind explaining? Sure the block is good for 800hp, but so is an LS motor and I can find a 2005-2006 6.0L Goat that will take less money to go fast and still corner well with some $$ sunk into suspension.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    This design of the Supra and the last design of the RX-7 are the two best looking cars of the last 20 years I would argue.
    I strongly disagree. In the last 20 years, many great looking cars have been made. The 458 Italia, for example. It's the first truly pretty car made by Ferrari in a looong time. And don't forget the new Jag F-Type or Aston Martin DB9. And I'm just naming a few. I'd agree that the RX-7 and Supra were cool cars and very pretty for the 90's, but that's a tall claim.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I strongly disagree. In the last 20 years, many great looking cars have been made. The 458 Italia, for example. It's the first truly pretty car made by Ferrari in a looong time. And don't forget the new Jag F-Type or Aston Martin DB9. And I'm just naming a few. I'd agree that the RX-7 and Supra were cool cars and very pretty for the 90's, but that's a tall claim.
    This kid speaks the truth!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    On a personal note, I don't really understand the obsession with Supras... anyone mind explaining? Sure the block is good for 800hp, but so is an LS motor and I can find a 2005-2006 6.0L Goat that will take less money to go fast and still corner well with some $$ sunk into suspension.
    What's the obsession with WRXs? Why do people insist on upping the power with 17.5G turbos? Same thing...its enthusiasm. People love cars for whatever reasons they have. As I said to you on FB...why can't someone enjoy a Supra, the same way someone would love a Classic Mustang? It's all relative to the owner/enthusiast.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Yes SUPER cars are always going to be pretty...for the most part. The 458 is gorgeous and the DB9 has been gorgeous for a long time. But I'd have to agree that the Rx-7 especially is one of the nicest looking ATTAINABLE cars from my generation.

Now you need a winter car

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Now you need a winter car
    Or you just need to know how to handle a RWD car in the winter

My Mustang was easy to handle in deep snow. Get out and shovel....move 2 feet....get out and shovel some more...move 2 more feet...cuss a bunch and repeat.

And Mikie, you can't even drive around water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast