Just polished and waxed my new 2013 Plasma Blue WRX 5-door - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just polished and waxed my new 2013 Plasma Blue WRX 5-door within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice car. i just ordered a 2014 in the same model and color as yours. cant wait!!!! options advice?...

nice car. i just ordered a 2014 in the same model and color as yours. cant wait!!!!
    options advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mutchwrx View Post
    nice car. i just ordered a 2014 in the same model and color as yours. cant wait!!!!
    options advice?
    Congrats on your purchase. You'll love it. After a few weeks I still get the same excited feeling whenever I turn the key as I did on day one. My car came optioned from the dealer with blue footwell illumination, all weather package, and the SPT catback exhaust. I love the deep aggressive exhaust note and highly recommend it. Tint is also a must in my opinion. I'm still thinking about what to do next. I'm not going to go crazy with too many options at this point. My next purchase will be winter wheels and tires and then probably a boost gauge. I'm still super new to the WRX/turbocharged world so I'm just learning as much as I can. Happy modding!
    2013 WRX 5-door PBP Limited

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steevereeno View Post
    My next purchase will be winter wheels and tires and then probably a boost gauge. I'm still super new to the WRX/turbocharged world so I'm just learning as much as I can. Happy modding!
    I picked up my WRX last Jan. Decided to grab winter rims first since Co winters can last a while. I went the tire rack route, and shopped their closeout section. Paid a little more than what some people pay for steelies. Sure, if I bang up a rim, I might not be able to match, but.....

Just a thought if you are going to buy new.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...&filterNew=All

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I picked up my WRX last Jan. Decided to grab winter rims first since Co winters can last a while. I went the tire rack route, and shopped their closeout section. Paid a little more than what some people pay for steelies. Sure, if I bang up a rim, I might not be able to match, but.....

Just a thought if you are going to buy new.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...&filterNew=All
    Thanks. I've browsed Tire Rack already and I know they have a better winter tire selection starting usually in late September so I'll see what they're offering then. I'll likely settle on steel wheels or try to find a local used set in decent condition. Winters here in Cincinnati are very mild so I'll probably run my winter setup for only about four months or so.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Hahaha. Ours are "mild" by mountain conditions, but just not reliable. May snow. The day after I went back to summer tires.

Your car looks great! Where did you pick up the Blackfire stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6roars View Post
    Your car looks great! Where did you pick up the Blackfire stuff?
    Thanks. I bought it from AutoGeek. They and Autopia are my go-to sources for all my cleaning and detailing needs. You'll spend a bit more but it's far superior to the stuff you can buy off the local parts store shelf, at least in my opinion.

Didn't know they offered PBP for the wrx
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Unless you race why bother swapping rims? Why not as soon as you get the car or before first winter get all weather tires mounted on the stock rims. Then sell your OE tires. I mean I'm assuming most of us are not pro race drivers capable of out performing good all weather tires. Assuming youre not going to the track alot. In that case buy a set of tires for the track that are beat up and mount the OE tires on them. Subaru is silly to have summer tires on a vehicle that has all wheel drive meant for tough road conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12