My windows don't roll up at the same speed!!!...Mikie's 2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My windows don't roll up at the same speed!!!...Mikie's 2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So...you all know my Drewsbaru episode that ended my 05 STI's life. I started officially looking for a replacement on ...

My windows don't roll up at the same speed!!!...Mikie's 2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan

So...you all know my Drewsbaru episode that ended my 05 STI's life. I started officially looking for a replacement on Friday. And on Friday, the first car I looked at, was the first one I wanted. And went for it. Found a gorgeous 2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan for a price well within what I was looking for. I was originally thinking 2011 or so STI as a replacement, but decided I didn't want to spend the extra loot on it just yet. I can do that again in the future when I'm ready. Signed the papers on Saturday and grabbed the keys. I've had a giant smile on my face since.

People were saying to wait for a 2014...but I couldn't since I only had a week to shop at most. No other modes of transportation. Also, I was only finding leftover 2013s in colors I just didn't want (sorry silver and DGM guys). I even found an Orange WRX up north! But just didn't feel like spending the extra $5k on it just for the color. So I found the red one...and fell in love with it. The rare color is great. I have always liked it since you don't see them often. And after a fresh detail, it just pops!

So far after a weekend of driving it...its been pure bliss. It is 100% amazing to drive a car that doesn't clunk every time I hit the clutch to change gears. People complain about the lack of interior quality...I think it's immaculate...coming from a tattered 05 STI interior. It feels like an Audi to me. Noises that people complain about? What noises??? My car is so quiet compared to the bare bones STI I had come from, and that's quite nice. The ride quality is amazing coming from the 3 inches off the ground I used to be. It's nice to have a little suspension travel. For granted the handling is far inferior to my old STI, but that will be addressed in the coming tenure of ownership. On top of that, this particular one came with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport tires that are epic. They grip so well.

The WRX certainly will not remain stock. I have a new platform. I enjoy modding. I know there are improvements that can be made. I have the means to do it and the friends to help. I'll be going as quality as I can get for the best prices I can get!

Initially thinking, some plans will include (but are obviously subject to change):

-Downpipe
    -Invidia Q300 or another CBE (everyone has the Q300, but it really does sound best on sedans)
    -Grimmspeed or Processwest TMIC
    -Karboy short shifter and bushings
    -Lathewerks shift knob (though I have one of my STI knobs on there now already)
    -front and rear sways and endlinks
    -STI Brembo take-offs (one thing I noticed is that the car severely underbrakes, especially compared to my old STI)
    -window tint
    -wheels/tires down the line
    -HID retrofit

...all tuning will be taken care of by Mattypants at WTF...and if I recall, I already have a Stage 1 map waiting for me!

I already have some things laying around from my last STI that I can put on including the subwoofer, Hella horns, and my AEM boost gauge (which never made it to the STI)...so that will keep me entertained.

Now...for some pics!

When I picked her up on Saturday

Some from my house

Showing off that sexy trunk lip spoiler and body matched rear molding...none of that ugly chrome!!!

I could probably benefit from some foglights...that may become a cool project down the line.

And yes, Megan loves her too. Megan said in 2 years when we are likely to be married and sharing cars anyway, she would give me permission to get an STI as long as she can have this one

So enjoy the pics and thread...I realize I'm on my third Subaru in the last 7 years now and I've never made a mod thread for either of the last two! Hopefully I'll keep up with this one
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep this one away from puddles.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Good I'm glad you didn't get DGM they are all minezzz red looks sick though congrats
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suggest adding a custom alignment to the mix. If you can get a Firestone to do it, it will most likely be <$100 and well worth it.

I understand you may want to hold off until ya make other changes that would otherwise require an alignment... but it could be money well spent with those new shiny tires... especially if your factory alignment is off a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Gz mikie

RT tuning is also very good in alignment, as you know.

They are the best in my area.
    They're always booked, since it's only one guy who is in charge of the alignments.
    Alignments at RT is $100 as well.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Don't forget the hood scoop mod. You'll need it to prevent water getting in there when it rains...
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Good I'm glad you didn't get DGM they are all minezzz red looks sick though congrats
    I got DGM. I will fight you.

Mikie, this is gorgeous. I'm pumped for this build thread!
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to Rain-X the entire car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Woooo!
    Congrats!

Solid pick up! Congrats on the purchase
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! Already debadged? Loose the dealer advert.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Megan said in 2 years when we are likely to be married and sharing cars anyway

ISWYDT
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol, love the thread title!

I usually don't like wingless but that looks classy!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Nice! Already debadged? Loose the dealer advert.
    Yeah...previous owner did that too. He must have liked a nice clean rear end

I will be ditching that of course Bill. I'm just leaving it on there to protect edges of the simple crappy paper temp tag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.