Rally West Virginia Shots

This is a discussion on Rally West Virginia Shots within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Gents, Over the weekend I had the great pleasure of shooting media photography for Rally West Virginia. And I've ...

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX

Rally West Virginia Shots

Hey Gents,

Over the weekend I had the great pleasure of shooting media photography for Rally West Virginia.
    And I've got them up at (500+ shots):
    NASA Rally Sport Photos : 2013 Rally West Virginia : New - Jordan Apgar - Media
    At some point that may change to:
    NASA Rally Sport Photos : 2013 Rally West Virginia : New - Jordan Apgar - Media

Day 1 was super rainy and in order to get to stage 5(an hour and a half from the morning stages) I had to settle for a boring spot a 500-600 yards past the start of stage 2. It poured and was foggy as all get out but
    they came out looking good even if they aren't that exciting.
    Day 2 I got some pretty cool smoke trails and a slide or two as well.

Shakedown:

A Couple of Day 1:

A couple of Day 2:

enjoy!
    ~Jordan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet!! I'd love to shoot one of those races sometime. Thanks for posting!

Pretty cool stuff Jordan. How did you get the media gig for this?

I'd like to attend more events like this. It seems there might be more rallies around than most people (myself included) realize.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys!

I became friendly with a few of the competitors last year at New Jersey Motorsports Park and they liked the photos I took so they twisted my arm a little and got me a media pass for Empire State Performance Rally in Rockhill, NY (New - Jordan Apgar - Media - NASA Rally Sport Photos).

And I got it for RWV because I had one before basically.

There's two types of media at these events.
    The first is just people that want to hang out in the safe zones (with the marshals) and take shots.
    The second type (myself) sign extra wavers to stand in non-marshaled areas (which is really tough to do in RWV so I was at spectator areas but outside the tape).

Usually to get the second you need to prove you're actually a media person with some credentials and what not. NASA is pretty laid back though, so if you prove to them you can take good shots and aren't going to run in front of the cars you can probably get the second.
    Rally America is really strict so I probably wont be doing those any time soon as an actual media person.

If you guys are interested in getting involved sign up at nasarallysport.com and in the member area you can sign up as a volunteer.

And spectating is always free to take pictures and they are usually pretty fun spots.