My 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My 2013 WRX 5 Door within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mrrogers747 Yeah I would plasti dip the fender badges black, that's what I did on mine (same ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers747 View Post
    Yeah I would plasti dip the fender badges black, that's what I did on mine (same color/year/hatch.) Just overspray enough above the badge, and a tad below it so you can just peel excess off easy
    I was just wondering if this was something I could accomplish myself and here you went and posted it. Thanks!
    Do you need to cover adjoining areas with paper or something? I mean, like you would when spray-painting.

Quote Originally Posted by jkonigsb View Post
    has anyone had any issues taking their car through a car wash? .... I hate laser washes because they do absolutely nothing but a quick rinse.
    Guilty! On occasion, when I don't have time. If it's just dust, no biggie. And I'm definitely not going to hand-wash it in the winter, forget that! But then, my paint nearly 10 years old. I like the no-contact washes only, and I leave the motor running. I despise the ones where you line up your wheels in a rail that pulls your car. Not sure what a laser wash is...?

There's also places where you can wash your car yourself, they look like a row of carports, you pay for the time, some places have the soap etc. built-in to the water hose and you can choose the setting, there's usually some kind of brush/washer attachment available, and some places you bring your own soap and bucket (haven't seen one of those in a while though)
    Last edited by Shoopster; 08-11-2013 at 12:08 AM.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    I was just wondering if this was something I could accomplish myself and here you went and posted it. Thanks!
    Do you need to cover adjoining areas with paper or something? I mean, like you would when spray-painting.
    Yes you need to cover areas to avoid too much overspray; HOWEVER, it's much easier if you allow for some overspray directly around the badge/area you're going to be dipping, because you'll very easily be able to peel excess off. Assuming we're talking about the chrome fender badge, I'd give a couple inches above the badge itself, tape off and throw newspaper above that. The area below it is slightly tricky because it has that bend, but leave just the area above the bend exposed, tape off and cover below that and of course everywhere else. Placing a newspaper diagonally from the wheel area will give you a perfect cover in the area towards the wheel well, but again allow a very slight amount to be sprayed onto the car itself so you can peel.

Here's a crappy cell phone picture of mine finished:

love the WRB. looking good! i should do a build thread. LOL.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers747 View Post
    Yes you need to cover areas to avoid too much overspray; HOWEVER, it's much easier if you allow for some overspray directly around the badge/area you're going to be dipping, because you'll very easily be able to peel excess off. Assuming we're talking about the chrome fender badge, I'd give a couple inches above the badge itself, tape off and throw newspaper above that. The area below it is slightly tricky because it has that bend, but leave just the area above the bend exposed, tape off and cover below that and of course everywhere else. Placing a newspaper diagonally from the wheel area will give you a perfect cover in the area towards the wheel well, but again allow a very slight amount to be sprayed onto the car itself so you can peel. [...]
    Thanks! </threadjack>
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12