ShamanKJM's Red-headed Stepchild
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ShamanKJM's Red-headed Stepchild within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Realized I never made a journal/album, so I figured it was about time. It's an SSM 2008 WRX, so i ...

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States

ShamanKJM's Red-headed Stepchild

Realized I never made a journal/album, so I figured it was about time. It's an SSM 2008 WRX, so i call it my red-headed stepchild because its the year they under-powered the WRX with a TD-04.

Bought the beast used November 2010 with 50K on the clock. Started modding soon after. Here goes:

As it was pretty much after I bought it:
    [CENTER]

As it sits today:

Performance:

• Ingen CAI
    • Turbosmart BPV
    • Gimmick Motor Sports turbro inlet pipe
    • FMS PW-clone TMIC
    • Megan catless DP
    • Tsudo N1 catless back
    • AEM Uego
    • AEM boost gauge
    • AJW Street-tuned at 16PSI

Suspension/Handling:

• Whiteline 22mm front and rear sway bars
    • Ralli tek front and rear endlinks
    • Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts
    • Whiteline rear subframe bushing inserts
    • Whiteline steering rack bushings
    • SS brake lines
    • Grimmspeed MCB

Transmission:

• TiC tranny crossmember bushings
    • Kartboy STS
    • Kartboy front and rear stop shifter bushings
    • TiC Shifter linkage bushings
    • TWM Desert Eagle big-ass shifter knob

Appearance:

• 09 OEM wheels PC'ed Black Stardust
    • Seibon CF STI spoiler
    • Ebay grill painted SSP
    • Flapatax mudflaps
    • OEM DGM hood scoop
    • Faded and cracked rear STI hare badge
    • Subtle Solutions radiator shroud
    • Subtle Solutions alternator cover
    • Sticker-bombed interior pieces
    • Buddy Christ on the dashboard
    • X-wing dangly on the map lights
    • Brock ****ing Samson sticker mod
    • Guild of Calamitous Intent sticker mod
    • "Ka" sticker mod

Engine Bay:

Future Mods:

• recently acquired TRS HID retrofit kit
    • Rebuild at 150K and swap on VF52 turbro
    Last edited by shamankjm; 06-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Additional shots:

Last edited by shamankjm; 06-25-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Finished sticker-bombing my interior. Redid the driver's air vent piece because I didn't like how my first go around went.

Now that I am looking at it overall, I'm thinking I may attempt the pieces around the window switches and perhaps the pieces on the steering wheel.

Thoughts?

I Support ClubWRX
    The sticker bomb is definitely unique. I don't know if I would have done that much personally but, if you like it who cares!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I honestly think the sticker bomb thang is pretty cool. Definitely unique and I always thought it looked good. Reminiscent of walls at a dive bar or something.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

A pic of the overall project:

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the sticker bomb isn't all that bad. Definitely unique.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Looks super cool! It certainly has to be tastefully done, and you ht the nail right on the head!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    I think if you finish off the window switch arm rest pieces and the steering wheel it would definitely complete the sticker bomb look (maybe even the piece down around your shifter)...Very unique, I like it! I wouldn't do it on my car, but looks very cool!

Thanks, guys. Time to order more stickers. That's the fun part.
    Redbubble has some great stuff.

Sticker bomb is rad, like the black stocker wheels too. My stock wheels are about to see some plasti and some spacers so they don't look all sucked in with the drop.

I Support ClubWRX
    the engine bay looks great.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Quote Originally Posted by MercRising View Post
    Sticker bomb is rad, like the black stocker wheels too. My stock wheels are about to see some plasti and some spacers so they don't look all sucked in with the drop.
    Thanks. The stockers are actually powder coated Black Stardust, so they pretty much look black, but when the sun hits them just right, there's a nice shimmer to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    the engine bay looks great.
    Thanks. That's my true focal point for the car.

Timing belt changed!

Group N tranny mount going on sometime next week whenever my mechanic can get some lift time.
    :woot:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.