A year of updates. Mostly pictures

This is a discussion on A year of updates. Mostly pictures within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So after owning my WRX for about a year I decided to post everything that I have done so far. ...

A year of updates. Mostly pictures

So after owning my WRX for about a year I decided to post everything that I have done so far.

First up, RallyArmor Mudflaps

After the mudflaps I knew I wanted to update some interior items, so I started with the clusterhood. I went with the ultraleather material that JPM Coachworks offers. Soon after doing this upgrade I then followed with the armrest and shifter and e-brake boots.

After that I finally wanted to get the car tinted. 35% front and back windows. Back windshield is 20%

Once the weather started getting warmer and I got my tax refund I used that to purchase the Nameless Exhaust. I was on the fence for awhile about which size mufflers to go with. I ended up going with the 4" mufflers. I thought they were pretty loud at first, but now I can't live without it.

Since first stepping into the car I knew the stereo had to go, but I wanted to wait for CES 2013 and see what kind of offerings were out there. In the meantime I saved up money and waited. Finally after much research and waiting on reviews I ended up going with the Parrot Asteroid Smart. It was a lot cheaper than the competition and offered everything I was looking for.

Just this past weekend I went and installed the Grillcraft Lower and Upper grills. I had the lower grill since Christmas, but since I was already removing the bumper for the install I went and bought the upper grill a few weeks ago. At the same time I upgraded the horns to the Tribeca horns. I know the Hella horns are very popular, but I had them on a past car and the sound wasn't my favorite.

Well that's it for now. Hopefully this will give people some ideas of where to start (at least with cosmetic mods). I haven't touched the suspension or engine for now, but we all know that the mods never end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    Looks great, how are you liking the Parrot HU? Are the apps good, UI easy to use?
    I love it. Without steering wheel controls it would probably be annoying not having a physical volume knob, but I can't complain. All of my steering wheel controls are retained and everything works great. If you want HD radio or Sirius those options are not available, but for everything it offers you can't really beat the price. The marketplace you have access to on the other hand needs an update. It only has a handful of apps, so I know a lot of people are rooting the device to take advantage of the Google Play store (including me). Now I have google maps and Sygic installed to take advantage of potential this unit has. Only thing that kind of bothers me is my backup camera, which doesn't display guides, but I think the camera is the cause of this and not the Parrot. Let me know if you have any other questions.