Sleeperwagon's 2012 ISM sedan build/log
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sleeperwagon's 2012 ISM sedan build/log within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is going to be more of a log for me rather than a build thread. My builds tend to ...

Sleeperwagon's 2012 ISM sedan build/log

This is going to be more of a log for me rather than a build thread. My builds tend to take years, not weeks or months

Bought the car in stock form from Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC in 2/2013 with only 16k on the clock. P/O couldn't afford the payments....

The NIGHT I brought it home I de-badged the deck lid and front grill and removed the racks:

The next day I ordered a COBB AP and Short ram to save my poor REX from its horrible stock tune:

Shortly after I ordered a catless DP, black wrap, and black Perrin heat shield:

While I was waiting for a lot of this stuff to arrive, I went ahead and ordered some other odds and ends. Weighted shift knob, DP adapter, low beam HID kit, and some Lamin-x yellow fog film:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This had been my inspiration from the start:

So a few weeks went by and I decided to order some coilovers, but when I installed them with the factory wheel setup... I was not happy... So I did some research on fitment and tire sizes, and went with some 18x10 Rota SVN-R's et30, with NITTO NT555 255/35/18's:

After I got the suspension dialed in and re-installed the roof racks, I was finally happy with the DD setup, so I snapped some CLEAN pics:

Then after having the pics circulate around the web, I got an invitation to have a feature on wheeldude.com's web site! So I set out to take some better pics, and this is where/how she sits today:

Tyler’s 2012 WRX on Hyper Black SVN-Rs | WHEELDUDE.COM

I plan on some new upgrades in the next few weeks, but as a whole, I'm am happy where the car is right now, and how far it's come in such little time.

Dude, I love the wheels!
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    How's it running with the catted downpipe? Seems like a lot of people have had issues with boost creep. Those wheels are sick.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    How's it running with the catted downpipe? Seems like a lot of people have had issues with boost creep. Those wheels are sick.
    Mine is catless... I think that's what you meant. I'm not having any issues so far. Boost is pretty consistent.

I tried to find a wheel setup that nobody else was already running.

Any issues with the HIDs? Or were you able to just plug and play without any relaying to the battery?

I have used this brand in the past, and yes it's just plug and play. No issues what so ever. I do however keep an extra ballast handy. I have personally never had any issues with Xentec, and I have had them on 4 different cars for 3-4 years+.
    Last edited by SleeperWagon; 05-20-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Latest trip to Deals Gap...

Thanks for letting me know, I guess that's the next upgrade for me haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good. Usually not a fan of huge wheels like that...but it looks good.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Did you have to roll your rear fenders with those wheels? They look pretty close.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Those wheels go really well with the silver. Nice choice.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

Awesome Wrx! Love the wheels
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes I did have to roll and pull the fenders just a bit. My plan is to run a wider tire in the future, so more pull and roll will be required. I am thinking of sway bars and a 285 tire!

Here are a few videos from The Tail of the Dragon Boxer Takeover a couple of weeks ago... in the rain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDBzQ6gWWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfk-gNFotw

Grrrrr. Can't remember how to embed!
    Last edited by SleeperWagon; 05-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Car looks sick! I most definitely need to get my car up to the Dragon's Tail for a run soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.