Point & shoot cameras - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Point & shoot cameras within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL Any chance you could double your budget? The Canon T1i and T2i can be had on ...

Quote Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL View Post
    Any chance you could double your budget? The Canon T1i and T2i can be had on Craigslist in NYC for about 350-400 with a lens. the camera is super easy to use in full auto and will look 10x better than the camera you are talking about. It certainly is a bigger than what your looking at but it's small for a DSLR and they can take a beating.
    While I agree they are easy to use, a DSLR is not going to be a good buy. Plenty of people have the same thought process, then leave the camera at home because they aren't willing to carry it.

Go with a simple P&S like the Canon PowerShot ELPH and enjoy it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a DSLR. This is mostly for my wife who doesn't want to carry the DSLR around. And something small enough to slip into a bag or in your pocket.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Plus, to be honest, a DSLR isn't really going to take any better pictures than a P&S if you are going to be using it on Auto mode. It's like telling someone they need an STi if all they care about is getting a car to carry groceries home from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Plus, to be honest, a DSLR isn't really going to take any better pictures than a P&S if you are going to be using it on Auto mode. It's like telling someone they need an STi if all they care about is getting a car to carry groceries home from the store.
    Exactly, because it's only "a bit more."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Plus, to be honest, a DSLR isn't really going to take any better pictures than a P&S if you are going to be using it on Auto mode.
    I feel like I get better pics out of my Nikon than our P&S's, even in Auto, due to the better glass involved. Could just be me.

Yeah, my wife doesn't like to carry around or deal with the complexity of the DSLR.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I feel like I get better pics out of my Nikon than our P&S's, even in Auto, due to the better glass involved. Could just be me.

Yeah, my wife doesn't like to carry around or deal with the complexity of the DSLR.
    The Canon kit lens that came with the T1 and T2i's were mediocre, at best.

I Support ClubWRX
    You'd think even a kit lens on a DSLR would be better than the little dime-sized deals on some P&S's, though.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You'd think even a kit lens on a DSLR would be better than the little dime-sized deals on some P&S's, though.
    Yes, it should be, but it's difficult to tell. One of the advantages of a DSLR is the larger image sensor compared to a P&S. It'll have better performance in low light with less noise and, in most cases, have a higher dynamic range than a P&S, meaning that you can capture more detail within the highlights and shadows of a single exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yes, it should be, but it's difficult to tell. One of the advantages of a DSLR is the larger image sensor compared to a P&S. It'll have better performance in low light with less noise and, in most cases, have a higher dynamic range than a P&S, meaning that you can capture more detail within the highlights and shadows of a single exposure.
    True, but if one is going to get a DSLR to use like a point and shoot... I'd argue that the end result in the quality of the picture isn't really going to be much different.

Check out the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC WX80. It's actually a really good camera for a point and shoot and takes great pictures. It's also in the $200 range. Shop around. We bought ours on sale at Best Buy and paid $230 for the camera, case, and extended warranty.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a ELPH 110 HS on sale for $129.99. Figured I didn't want to spend too much for something we rarely use.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

a Camera with Wi-fi??? That exists now???? Jebus.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    a Camera with Wi-fi??? That exists now???? Jebus.
    I believe there are those that you can use to take pics & post to social media via wifi just like using a phone.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it's brilliant, if there is a way to have it wifi-connect to my iPhoto library..or maybe just be able to copy it to a temporary directory on my desktop, and then import to iPhoto. OTOH, 12MP pics can get pretty big. If I have 100 or more to import, it could take a while over wifi.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.