My 2012 WRX Life - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2012 WRX Life within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The CAI is too loud in what way?...

The CAI is too loud in what way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just that its actually louder than the exhaust. The sound is actually growing on me the more I drive it. If the music is up a little bit you cant even here the intake noise.

Almost sounds like theres a BOV installed during shifts.

On a side note I think the best thing about owning this WRX or any WRX/STI, is the wave that we give each other. I passed 3 WRXs on my way home from work today and everyone waved....Just awesome

Welcome to having an intake on a turbo car. There's really no way to get rid of this without going back to stock. You remove all the stock baffling and bypass the intake silencers in the intake track, so it's going to be louder. Since the stock BPV diverts blow off back into the intake, that's why you hear that more.

I personally love it on mine.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    this is pretty sweet. can i ask how much the dynomat cost to do the whole car like that? probably just one layer.
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

I have started to just plain love the intake sound now!

Also finally changed out that stock radio, and holy cow! I install audio systems daily and never have I seen such an improvement by getting rid of that piece! Ended up install an Alpine INE-S920(will get pics up soon)... Awesome radio and I would highly recommend this one over the Pioneer AVIC units, much better sound tuning IMO
    Next week the downpipe shall go on!!!!

The Dynamat costs is hard to pinpoint, depends where you get it from... I have I believe around 7 of the 2 door kits you can get at Best Buy(but I'm also employed there). I would recommend getting them off amazon or see if your local stores would match/give a good deal on that many kits
    Last edited by 99kustoms; 05-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Talked to the guys over at Turn-in Concepts the other day and got the STS and complete bushing package for the tranny. Will be installing all of it Tues. or Wed. and getting back with the verdict.
    I have to say though, that those guys over at TiC are awesome on the phone! Will see if their recommendations are worth while, but I really don't have a doubt about it.

You work at best buy huh. Is it the Schaumburg location? I always see a silver sedan there on my way to work.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Nah not the Schaumburg one.... Im at the one in Lansing

Quote Originally Posted by 99kustoms View Post
    Talked to the guys over at Turn-in Concepts the other day and got the STS and complete bushing package for the tranny. Will be installing all of it Tues. or Wed. and getting back with the verdict.
    I have to say though, that those guys over at TiC are awesome on the phone! Will see if their recommendations are worth while, but I really don't have a doubt about it.
    Nice!

You will find that TiC is widely regarded as one of the bests in the game. They are incredibly knowledgeable, and their customer service is top notch. They tend to go above and beyond.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I know its a highly debatable topic, but what oil are you guys running for the trans/diff?

I stopped in the local dealer and they said 80w90 NON synthetic for both....

I Support ClubWRX
    I know its a highly debatable topic, but what oil are you guys running for the trans/diff?

Extra-S...I haven't tried Motul, but I hear the Motul Gear300 is good stuff.

Whatever Subaru put in my transmission during my last fluid change...

I'm gonna go Extra-S as well in the upcoming change though in the next couple thousand miles. Rear diff, the Subaru stuff that's made for STI's specifically.

Finally went Stage 2 today!
    Put on the TurboXS Catted Downpipe.....
    1st impression is not that much of a change in exhaust note/tone, but power wise there's definitely a difference.

Also installed the KartBoy STS as well as all of the shifter bushings(except the very front pair of the front stay bushings.*), Group N trans mount, and the TiC trans Xmember bushings.
    ---That entire set just made the shifter feel awesome! I never realized how sloppy the stock shifter/bushings were. Nothing but nice, tight solid shifts now!!!

****The bolt that holds those has to come out toward the pass. side, but the tail shaft/driveshaft is in the way. Not sure if anyone else has had that problem. Everything I found said you could get that bolt out, but I personally don't see a way without pulling the driveshaft/tailshaft of the trans**** Anybody have any insight on this? I will probably just end up leaving it, but I am also curious if anyone else has/had this problem

My 2012 WRX Life

Nice work on Stg2 and all the bushings/trans mount. Those two mods make the car so much more connected and powerful. How's the light bar or did I miss that? Thing looks rad but a nice full frontal pic, of the car/light bar not yourself, would be awesome.

And as for the bolt on the shifter bushing....I believe you can loosen some crossmember bolts somewhere and the whole shaft gets a little play. With that play you just have to jam your man hands up there and use extenders or whatever to get at it. If you can't get it, take a pic and post it. I'll remember how I did it once I see which one you're talking about exactly.

Thanks for sharing your build.
    Last edited by MercRising; 06-05-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Just ordered up the SMYcluster as well as the Prosport Wide Band O2 Gauge this morning.
    Can't wait to finally remove the mount for the AP off my dash, it keeps getting in the way of the turn signals...

Any tips as far as installing the A/F gauge or the SPT Boost gauge? I'm assuming both are straight forward, especially since the TurboXS downpipe already has the bung welded in...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast