My 2012 WRX Life - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2012 WRX Life within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea I think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they cover Cobb CAI and AEM....

My 2012 WRX Life

Yea I think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they cover Cobb CAI and AEM.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Might be a dumb question, but is there that much of a difference between brands of CAI's? I could see the filter but not the tubes....

My 2012 WRX Life

Hmm I don't know the specific details, but lot of the people here get either the Cobb or the AEM. But when you get an AP, you can tune the Cobb or AEM CAI. With K&N I think you need a protune. I would def talk to Matty(EJ257) about this. Sorry couldn't help too much.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 99kustoms
    Might be a dumb question, but is there that much of a difference between brands of CAI's? I could see the filter but not the tubes....
    The tubing is more impactful on the MAF scaling than the filter element...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Gotcha....
    The guy I got everything from was running an AP with a tune called "Torque Performance Stage 2". Just wondering if this sounds about right? It was also on a 2010 instead of a '12, but I'm assuming there's not too much of a difference there.
    Please by all means, correct me if I'm incorrect as this is my first WRX and new to the AWD and turboed cars...

Sweet ride man, keep it up!

Project light bar is all mocked up, time to get some welding done ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 99kustoms View Post
    Gotcha....
    The guy I got everything from was running an AP with a tune called "Torque Performance Stage 2". Just wondering if this sounds about right? It was also on a 2010 instead of a '12, but I'm assuming there's not too much of a difference there.
    Please by all means, correct me if I'm incorrect as this is my first WRX and new to the AWD and turboed cars...
    Torque Performance has a map that works with the K&N intake, so that sounds right. The bar is pretty near. Haven't really seen anything like it before.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

How are the Torque Performance maps versus the Cobb maps. I was communicating with Eric at Torque Performance and of course he had sided with their own maps, but I would like to get some opinions from you guys here. I'm not sure if Cobb does it, but Torque requests Datalogging after the tune is installed and then send the data back to them to have more of a "custom" tune configured. The nice thing is that I can flash with the Cobb AP, so install is very straight foreword.
    Would anyone recommend scrapping/selling the K&N and getting the Cobb CAI or the AEM, so that I would be able to run the Cobb maps?

Also, going to get my Rex tinted tomorrow Plan on going 5% on the back glass as well as the triangle side glass, then running 30-35% on the rest of the side windows. Any thoughts on if this would look off balance? Or should I run 20% all around? Love the way 20% looks on the Silver cars but I'm trying to avoid the cops as much as possible

Eric's maps are more aggressive than Cobbs. That is a good and a bad thing in that there is more of a kick in the pants, but if longevity is a priority his are more of a question mark (though I haven't seen anyone with issues on the forums yet.) The tweaking he offers, Cobb does not. If you go with him, I believe he has maps for the K&N intake, so you wouldn't have to swap. Do you already have an AP? He does offer maps for use with that, fyi.

As far as tint, that's personal preference. All I can say is that I did 30 up front and 15 in back on my previous car, and eventually grew to dislike the in-congruence. I went 30 all around on my rex for uniformity and so I could see what the hell I was doing when backing up, changing lanes, etc at night.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm assuming that if I drive like a normal person on a daily basis and only push it hard if I take it to the track or have to show up a rice burner, longevity shouldn't be too much of as issue then since it won't be working hard 24/7.
    I currently don't have the AP but I was going to get one just for the ease of flashing.

I think I might go 35% all around since you said that. I have a feeling that it would irritate the hell outta me after a while. I've been so use to 5% on my S10, but backing up in that truck just sucked so bad at night not to mention I also got 9 tint tickets in that truck

looking good, keep it up!

Despite what I had said, I decided to go with 15% on the back half and 35% on the front doors. I love the way it looks. In the pic it looks really dark, but in person it looks perfect. I will get some more pics up in a few days as my actual camera is getting cleaned

The HID lights are in! My birthday present from me to
    me
    2-7" spots
    2-4" floods
    3-4" spots

Finally got the Cobb AP and decided to order the CAI from Cobb as well just for ease of programming, instead of going with the Torque Performance maps. I may switch in the future to the K&N intake but not sure yet.

I must say the sound of the intake is ridiculous!!! Anybody know a way to kind of quiet it down a bit? It gets kind of annoying traveling to and from work...

Also, is there a way to tell if the intake is "leaking" by comparing MAF reading to Fuel Trim? Its been a while since I've dealt with comparing reading like that. At idle and reving with no load I do not hear any leaks in the ducting and the car is preforming spot on with what Cobb claims for boost with the Stage 1 maps. Maybe I'm just over concerned and the sound when hitting 5-17 boost is throwing me off...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.